Request New Charector Content

would you like to see new hairstyles implemented in game?

• Yes, I think it would be great

• No, I like the game as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the past, I have recommended that game creators could use custom content hair from the Sims games. Of course, the styles would have to be historically accurate. By downloading these items you are given a mesh and a texture so as long as the file formats are compatible, and they get permission from the artists who made these hairs ( who are not affiliated with Electronic Arts), I don't see why it couldn't work. Just a suggestion! :) I'm not sure what the game files use for hair (whether its .obj or another file format). I know that another game was able to convert these hair meshes from sims to their own using a file converter, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it is too many polygons in the mesh, you can use Blender 3D to bring down the poly count, and the textures will still work. I would definitely love to see new hair for males and females. maybe some big bouffant hair like the French aristocrats wore, Marie Antoinette inspired hair, some dreadlocks, and maybe some long wavy hair for females.

here are some of the sites you can get these items from Please let me know your thoughts and opinions I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this! :)

https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3-hair/

View attachment 95750 View attachment 95752 View attachment 95753 View attachment 95754 View attachment 95751[/QUOTE]

Dreadlocks would be suuuper amazing & also historically accurate ;)
I agree look how cool these would be!

sims 3 dreads.jpg sims 3 dreads two.jpg

Love the idea c:, be sweet if more colors could be add to what is in game now too, imho. Idk if historically correct pink hair is but it would make my pirate lil bit more like me and i think let us have a little more customization. Especially now that EVERYONE can have the old body types, hard to make my own pirates now more unique... x.x

This is a different world from Sims because of the fact that it's multiplayer.
This means for people to be able to see the hairstyles in a game where hair can be imported files a-la The Sims, everyone needs the hairstyle downloaded.

This could still be possible, by auto-uploading and downloading hairstyles players are using so you can see everyone's hairstyles. Unfortunately, however, without making these hairstyles hosted by the server, as well as being verified safe files, this leads to massive security concerns, so I don't think we'll ever see this. Especially since at the point where the server is hosting - and verifying - you might as well just add more hairstyles to the game normally, the way it's done now.

Other options are possible, such as making character customization more extensive, such as having sliders for hair length, curve directions, flare, etc. This way hair is generated dynamically by the clients, and the server stores nothing but a bunch of numbers for character customization. This is the typical route MMO's take for character customization. Exceptional examples would be Black Desert Online and APB:Reloaded. But of course this results in creating a completely new hair system, which is a lot of man-hours.

I'm trying to keep all of this simple lol.

Basically, character customization can certainly be more powerful than it is now - but in an MMO game we're not going to see Sims style customization based on imported files on the user end. Don't get me wrong though, it would be really cool.

If you're really jonesing for new hairstyles, my recommendation would be to see if some talented 3D modellers out there can whip up some new hairstyles, and see if the devs would implement them into the game. Though of course they may decline even that because, though not monetary, they may still consider it donations.

Source: I develop games.

Last edited:
The issue with trying to implement hair models from Sims 3 CC is that, you'll have to readjust the model to fit the heads of the characters in TLOPO, and as you mentioned, most probably reduce the polys on the models.
However, these aren't just a press a button and it's done sort of things. It's a manual remodelling process which takes time, and once you're done with these reworkings, you'll have to remap the model for texturing, meaning the UV map won't match the existing texture for the hair anymore, and thus the textures must also be remade.
The re-rigging should be simple, given that the hair is static in the game, and should be just attached to a single node, but still adds to the work that needs done.
Also, don't forget that you'll also need a version that's used for when hats are worn!

Basically, you're effectively spending the same amount of time (if not more) reworking pre-existing assets made for another game, which you'd need to give the creators credit for, and you could be making it from scratch at that point anyway.
The team most probably doesn't have the spare resources for creating new hairstyles, and the best bet is basically learning modelling, texturing, Panda3D and the game's structuring so you can make ready-to-ship assets for the team that simply work out of the box. Otherwise, I don't think we'll see more styles any time soon.

Back