New Designs (Tattoos and Emblems)

Dreadful

Notorious Pirate
While I'm not the type of pirate (nor person, for that matter) to wear tattoos, I think they're a very cool part of the game, as well as emblems for sails. Although, I do think the game could use a few more designs in both areas. To this end, maybe we should allow the community to contribute to some new designs. I had this idea as I was scrolling through the beta key entry thread, and I noticed that the community has some pretty talented artists. I was wondering if we could give some community members a position on the TLOPO Staff as design artists, like @Irene is for the forums. They could occasionally add a few new tattoos and/or sail emblems into the game, and maybe work on whatever else the staff has in mind. If this isn't the kind of thing the staff would want to do, maybe instead they could just hold contests more often for people to submit entries that could be added in. Either way, I think it would do us all some good to expand the current selection of designs, and I'm sure the community would have some excellent ideas.

It could be like CS:GO. The community makes a bunch of skins and the best ones goes into the new case. This would work great for tlopo.

While I agree, TLOPO says they do not need concept artists :eek:

While I'm not the type of pirate (nor person, for that matter) to wear tattoos, I think they're a very cool part of the game, as well as emblems for sails. Although, I do think the game could use a few more designs in both areas. To this end, maybe we should allow the community to contribute to some new designs. I had this idea as I was scrolling through the beta key entry thread, and I noticed that the community has some pretty talented artists. I was wondering if we could give some community members a position on the TLOPO Staff as design artists, like @Irene is for the forums. They could occasionally add a few new tattoos and/or sail emblems into the game, and maybe work on whatever else the staff has in mind. If this isn't the kind of thing the staff would want to do, maybe instead they could just hold contests more often for people to submit entries that could be added in. Either way, I think it would do us all some good to expand the current selection of designs, and I'm sure the community would have some excellent ideas.

Back