Idea New Item Rarity: Mythical

POTCOSlenderMan

Wanted Pirate
I don't want to make this a suggestion until I see what the community thinks of this idea first. As the name suggests, I thought of an item rarity that surpasses even Legendary: Mythical. I'll just copy what I said from my weapon card idea that this idea came from:
The purple weapon card @Thomas Sailskull posted gave me an idea for a item rarity; Mythical. Mythical weapons have no weapon level requirement because they would not fit into any of the weapon classes, but you would need to be Max Notoriety Level to be able to try to obtain one. They also have more than one skill for their weapons since they cannot be upgraded, which are also strong. Each weapon would have a incredibly difficult method of obtaining them, they cannot be obtained through looting or fishing and would be very strong (stronger than Legendary weapons, but not game-breakingly so), their weapons skills would be powerful and unique to them (meaning no other weapon would have them). There would be very few weapons with this rarity, even less than the number of Legendary weapons (of which there are 10 total, but only 2 of them are in the game at this point in time). The mythical weapon card I made is located here. Reply to this thread and tell me what you think of the idea. I think it might be a good idea as it would also introduce an interesting method of obtaining a powerful weapon apart from the normally time consuming looting or fishing.

Edit: In order to save some people the trouble, I'll just add the Mythical Weapon Card here
rrrnxYm9QHOWSTaEkboFwg.png

Last edited:
This sounds like a great idea! just some suggestions of obtaining them: they could come from difficult quests given out by famous pirates such a jack sparrow, captain barbossa (or bo beck) and some quest goals could be gold based that way maxed out players have a reason to farm for gold such as 100k gold as one of the quest goals, there should also be some unique bosses you have to fight to gain each weapon (such as skeleton bo beck) or better yet some could only be obtained by doing a ton of pvp or svs.
p.s. i'm just spitting out words here XD

lol i just had a though. i have an image of my pet chawawa.. that i use now and then to put into screenshots of tlopo like she is traveling around . i want her put on a card as a joke card sorta. how do i get a blank card with just the coloring.. the skills would be fangs for bitting, a pile of poop and maybe something about begging as the third .. i think it would be funny to post it as a joke card me personally not for in game use

lol i just had a though. i have an image of my pet chawawa.. that i use now and then to put into screenshots of tlopo like she is traveling around . i want her put on a card as a joke card sorta. how do i get a blank card with just the coloring.. the skills would be fangs for bitting, a pile of poop and maybe something about begging as the third .. i think it would be funny to post it as a joke card me personally not for in game use
This is what I used to make this weapon card (Thanks to @Thomas Sailskull).
purple-blank-png.89701

Great Idea mate

I also play Secret World Legends and they have a very difficult structure on weapons but Mythical is the top of the weapon chain in that game(takes forever). Maybe a trade in for tokens and group battle is required to obtain the weapon? Something to keep max out pirates interested in playing,beside sailing and farming.

Oh gosh, the grind will never end will it! XD

I do like the idea of unique weapons, seeing the kraken attack my ship would give me a good fright!

This idea is great but I have one major issue with it. Mythical shouldn't be rarer than legendary. I think Mythical should fall in between famed and legendary as its color fits the theme perfectly.

Common < Rare < Famed < Mythical < Legendary

This creates a middle ground from legendary to famed. Commons and rare are easy. Famed are easy, but less so, to a point where you have plenty but may not have all the ones you want. And legendary are just really really hard. The jump from famed to legendary is crazy. Adding Mythical would really change the way looting behaves and hopefully make looting more rewarding.

This kinda ruins the concept of Mythical items being unique to other weapons.. but...

This idea is great but I have one major issue with it. Mythical shouldn't be rarer than legendary. I think Mythical should fall in between famed and legendary as its color fits the theme perfectly.

Common < Rare < Famed < Mythical < Legendary

This creates a middle ground from legendary to famed. Commons and rare are easy. Famed are easy, but less so, to a point where you have plenty but may not have all the ones you want. And legendary are just really really hard. The jump from famed to legendary is crazy. Adding Mythical would really change the way looting behaves and hopefully make looting more rewarding.

This kinda ruins the concept of Mythical items being unique to other weapons.. but...
I had the idea for Mythical to be beyond Legendary for a couple of reasons. One of them being that Mythical weapons/items wouldn't be obtained in the same manner as the other weapons in the game (basically no amount of looting, fishing, sailing, etc would grant you any chance at them), instead each weapon/item would have a specific "myth" tied to it in-game and there would be a hint in it that would lead you in the direction of obtaining them. I also read on what defines myths and legends on the POTC wiki and felt that myth is greater than legend, but that's just my own opinion. Although if it's just the color that's the problem, it can just be changed, I just liked the color purple.

Very cool idea! Having challenging requirements would be fun, and it would be something super cool to look forward to if you’re a lower level, due to the max level notoriety requirement. I also do agree with Orion, maybe having to do a quest to get them would feel a bit more rewarding. Once again, excellent idea!!!

This sounds like a great idea! just some suggestions of obtaining them: they could come from difficult quests given out by famous pirates such a jack sparrow, captain barbossa (or bo beck) and some quest goals could be gold based that way maxed out players have a reason to farm for gold such as 100k gold as one of the quest goals, there should also be some unique bosses you have to fight to gain each weapon (such as skeleton bo beck) or better yet some could only be obtained by doing a ton of pvp or svs.
p.s. i'm just spitting out words here XD

I had the idea for Mythical to be beyond Legendary for a couple of reasons. One of them being that Mythical weapons/items wouldn't be obtained in the same manner as the other weapons in the game (basically no amount of looting, fishing, sailing, etc would grant you any chance at them), instead each weapon/item would have a specific "myth" tied to it in-game and there would be a hint in it that would lead you in the direction of obtaining them. I also read on what defines myths and legends on the POTC wiki and felt that myth is greater than legend, but that's just my own opinion. Although if it's just the color that's the problem, it can just be changed, I just liked the color purple.
I really like this idea.

A really awesome way to obtain them would be to solve a really complex and long/complicated riddle..

Sadly that cannot be so because after the first person figures it out they will tell everyone else.

I think a quest is too easy for weapons like this. If not extremely rare looting than I think a whole new feature would be needed to obtain these.

Also if it was some quest that led to a boss, the boss shouldn't be extremely difficult.

It should be basically impossible. Like only 5/500 people should be able to do it.

You'd have to use master technics and you would have to have an extremely vast knowledge of each weapon and how to use it. (Because you should have to use them all)

Ive come up with a compromise.

The only change I'd like to see to the mythical weapons is their color. (maybe black?) As I said earlier, purple fits in neatly between famed and legendary so maybe the 'purple' rarity can have a new name and the Mythical rarity stays the same. (with the exception of a color change)

Ive come up with a compromise.

The only change I'd like to see to the mythical weapons is their color. (maybe black?) As I said earlier, purple fits in neatly between famed and legendary so maybe the 'purple' rarity can have a new name and the Mythical rarity stays the same. (with the exception of a color change)

How about this: ?

Crude < Common < Rare < Famed < Epic < Legendary < Mythical

Edit: I changed "purple" to epic

Last edited:
How about this: ?

Crude < Common < Rare < Famed < Purple < Legendary < Mythical
Pretty good, although gray seems a bit bland for Mythical. A few ideas for the purple in between Famed and Legendary (borrowing a few of these from other games):
Epic
Exotic
Infamous
Renowned
Exalted

Pretty good, although gray seems a bit bland for Mythical. A few ideas for the purple in between Famed and Legendary (borrowing a few of these from other games):
Epic
Exotic
Infamous
Renowned
Exalted
I know a lot of games have an epic rarity, but for some reason it seems it would fit in nicely between Famed and Legendary. Infamous sorta fits in, but not exactly because the Famed weapons could technically be an infamous weapon as well.

I agree that a single quest would be no real challenge for a weapon of this magnitude. How about a series of quest ( Like the one to help all the friendly ghost on ravens cove. ) Character level at least level 40+ and finishing up with gathering items for Tia Dalma so she could unlock it's power. I think that could be a worthy challenge for a pirate. What do you think? To much or to little for an item such as this?

Gonna be completely honest, this is an interesting idea for a Mythical Rarity especially if one or two are in existence. To further that, I think I have an interesting system that could work to implement such weapons and keep it the item to being somewhat rare to the community.

This system is an exact rip from another game that has, similar to this, been reborn in recent years. This game is the original Star Wars Galaxies. The Pre-CU (Before it became similar to WoW). For those who know and played the Pre-CU version of the game, most know that unlike its WoW future counterpart, the Jedi was not a playable character. Well, It was but not directly. It took long hours grinding and doing very specific missions, killing very specific enemies and locating very specific locations that weren't exactly known at the time (was made slightly easier once guides released but still took countless hours (Sometimes months of work depending). Sadly once the WoW version of Star Wars Galaxies released, that ended and Jedi became a playable class.

Anyways, enough on that, but back to the point at hand. We could potentially copy such a system and bring it to the usage of these "Mythical Items".

Part 1) We could require that we take a specific quest titled along the lines of "Poseidon's Wrath" in the case of the Staff of Poseidon. In this quest, we would be told about an ancient and powerful weapon used by Poseidon himself but was shattered for being too powerful and the pieces were scattered across the Carribean. That within this quest, we would be required to locate the pieces but it would be very vague (This is the point, it's not mean't to be a straight forward quest therefore making it more harder to achieve because it actually requires you to think for yourself.) in where exactly those pieces are, mostly because just like legends, a lot of info gets jumbled up as the story is told.

To find these pieces, you could either have subtle hints like riddles ect to give a basic idea of where it might be ect and pirates would have to travel around to find said pieces to get them.

Moving along, once we obtained X number of pieces of the staff, Part 2 of the quest begins.

Part 2) "Reforging Poseidon's Wrath"
In the second part of the quest line, it is time to reforge the very weapon that was destroyed long ago. You have the items so it must be no "Myth". Now it is time to locate the "forge" of poseidon. THis could be a completely newly created area specifically for this weapon. How exactly you come about this area, is perhaps once the staff pieces are collected, a new riddle upon the staff is shown and the quest begins to locate this area to reforge the item.

Once you locate the forge's location, your quest auto updates to locating the Forge. you come to find Poseidon's guards are still very well...well..not alive as it seems the area now looks like an ancient tomb swarming with undead armies . You must fight through this area and eventually you'll come across the entrance to the forge, except, it won't budge. It turns out you need specific "Relics" for this door to open and your quest log once again updates with a new riddle/message stating "Face my Champions, they hold the key to what you seek" which now begins the fights with specific bosses to obtain specific "relics of Poseidon" to open this door. Once items are obtained and the door is unlocked you can finally complete Part 2 and "Craft" this ancient weapon.

YAAAY! You finally have the weapon but...there is a problem. It...It doesn't work. Was this all a lie? No...it turns out the staff requires you to "empower" it somehow.

Part 3) "Poseidon's Sacrifice"
The final piece of the puzzle. You found the pieces and you reforged it but now it is time for you to give it the powers it had during Poseidon's time. Poseidon was not mortal being, so to empower such a mythical weapon would require a sacrifice. This could begin the quest to kill specific types of enemies throughout the Carribean and harness their "essence" and the last and final enemy needed to fully power the staff is to kill the legendary Kraken or at least tame find a way to tame it (Hence why you the staff's ability enables you to call upon it in combat) (If it's possible to create this within TLOPO. if not an alternate way is to kill specific sets of enemies ect)

Questline finished - You have finally done all the things needed to actually obtain and use such a mythical item. Though this was just a concept of how you could go about doing it. The idea behind it is making it feel extremely grindy but if you want such a strong item, especially considering what it can do, well, you gotta work for it and it's meant to be hard. That's the point. But this is just how I thought of an interesting way of making it apart of the actual game mechanics and creating a fun but tedious quest line to do it because this is how Star Wars Galaxies made it to get the Jedi class. Lot of searching, lot of questing, lot of item obtaining and finally, in the end, getting exactly what you worked for after fighting an extremely difficult boss purposely mean't to be impossible to kill without proper skill and planning.

sounds interesting and very tough would give a maxed pirate something to whine about besides being a maxed pirate with nothing to do lol ... give it thumbs up

Back