Loot New Legendary Leads - Sharkwaters

Sharkwaters

Swashbuckler
NONE OF THIS INFORMATION IS CONFIRMED, IT IS MERE SPECULATION.

Jimmy Legs

• "In combat he preferred a cutlass with a large, cup-shaped handguard. He commonly wielded a cat o’ nine tails aboard the Flying Dutchman, inflicting punishment on crewmen who failed to fulfill his harsh orders. Such was his ferocity, he was known to cleave flesh from bone with every lash of his whip." Quoted from POTC Wiki.
• Suspected legendary cursed names:
Fleshwound. The fact that this is whitelisted isn’t really odd, but the fact that Jimmy Legs was stated to possess such brutality that he tore flesh from bone matches well.

Crash

EZ4CHODsMeRxlE_2zkmVe7fNhuBTuIugRmCmD60b5L92DTKgd0cx2XCSwm97E8ucw0z_aYPUHTZVi2bC3hFvPGI2wqe0BV43KYtx3Kd4NWTM86JiU-NOXGQtq1SzQuHScKarnoti

Concept art

• The wiki states that “He wielded the snout of a sawfish as a sword”, as seen in the art above. This most likely means that Crash’s cursed blade will be a broadsword using the sawblade model.
???

Palifico
•“He wielded twin, barnacle-encrusted blades in combat; a dao and a cutlass that gradually fused to his hands.”
Lost Blade of the Leviathan. Koleniko and Palifico are the only two (out of the 6 in-game bosses) who participated in turning the Capstan Hammer, a wheel intended to summon the kraken. Koleniko's blade is named Krakenslayer, so Palifico's could be kraken-related. "Leviathan" is a broad term used for "sea monster", and an old file leak suggested an unreleased blade with the name Sword of Leviathan.

Drizzle and Drench
• In the movies, there is a character named Two Head, also known as “the twins”, because they are two brothers merged together from servitude on the Dutchman. “Drench” and “Drizzle” are not nicknames that appear in the movies, so where did those nicknames come from for the in-game twins? My speculation is that the nicknames are a reference to the Battle of Calypso’s Maelstrom, which Two Head took part in. The ocean goddess Calypso was released from her seal in the mortal Tia Dalma, and she literally “rained down” her wrath as she summoned a great maelstrom in the watery battlefield.
The name of this cursed blade could be along the lines of “Maelstrom’s Fury” or “Calpyso’s Wrath”.
• There has been talk of a leaked image of a sword using the Emerald Curse model, but colored blue. Blue is/can be associated with storms, water, or voodoo. If this blue sword exists, I feel that the twins would be the boss to drop it.
Cicatriz
•This is an original character, it seems, as there is no (recorded) lore behind her at all. The only thing we know is that the name is spanish for “scar”. Still looking in to this one.
Cursed Blade of Yorr. This was another name leaked from old code. It's the best guess I can possibly make, seeing how I cannot find any lore/info on Cicatriz or a "Yorr" character whatsoever.

Of course, it's possible that the blades/names from old code won't be used whatsoever (aside from Krakenslayer, obviously)! I'm simply theorizing, I enjoy a mystery.

Nick Edgekidd and I (Sharkwaters) did research on these blades and bosses. This is my side of the notes, and you can find Nick’s version here. We worked together on this project and contributed equally. Feel free to post your thoughts or theories in the comments!

We'll keep looking into things for the fun of it, this post will be updated with new information if/when it is found :D

Last edited:
Back