New Member Notice/Warning System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Star

Fantabulous Administrator
Admin
With the update of 11/24/11, another new feature was added...

A new member notice/warning system

We have now switched over to a completely points-based moderation warning system. Members will now receive notices/warnings based on content they've created (ie posts, pirates, profile posts, photos). The rule violation will be selected depending on the notice/warning being given, and warning points will be assigned. With each warning a conversation will automatically be sent to the member being warned.
If that member accumulates so many warning points,
action will be taken against their account for a period of time automatically.
Warning points are set up to expire after hours/days/months.

In any event that a member feels they have been sent a warning and have received points wrongly, the member has the right to appeal the warning to the administration.

To see the list of terms and rules, please see
https://piratesforums.co/help/terms

How do members know how many points they have. Is there any way of knowing what your status is. besides the warning messages?

By design, no. It should be the user's responsibility to make sure they avoid violating the rules and face the consequences if they do. The points and automatic consequences are internal information only.

I would like to mention that just because you get a warning does not mean you need to throw a tantrum. A warning is just a way of asking you to please stop doing a certain things as it is not appropriate for this site. Throwing a tantrum after getting a little warning is just gonna lead to you loosing posting privileges or possibly getting a ban.

loll I've gotten warned for expressing my feelings with out hurting a specific's person's feelings and i got 2 warnings from star how dumb?
I don't want to get banned for sticking up for my friends, but I don't tolerate people talking about other people in a bad way, as you just mentioned Star's name. There's a lot of people who bother me, maybe you being one of them, but I'm not singling them out and mentioning their names. :mad::(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back