Suggestion New Mini-games for the Future?

Do you think a mini-game with this concept should be added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alphastaire

Pirate Apprentice
New fun mini-games would be great for more variety, like for example, this one:

Last edited:
I could see it as a mini game, but I have no idea where it would be implemented in a logical way.

Put practice dummies on the main islands and have them give rewards like gold or something, maybe even give a bit of xp to the Sword skill (though I think it should just give gold). It would make sense to practice on a dummy.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the game itself should be left alone. No new functionality should be added. After all, it's a recreation - it's not something that is meant to have actual content added to it.

I never said it should be added right away, and if the game is never updated with new content, then it gets extremely repetitive.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the game itself should be left alone. No new functionality should be added. After all, it's a recreation - it's not something that is meant to have actual content added to it.
I know what you're trying to say in the context of this thread. However, even a recreation could differentiate itself adequately without losing too much of the original "feel" of an experience. All it takes is a bit of determination and imagination.

You know, imagination - I am finding - is far too lacking these days. :sad1: Everything is pushed towards a quick fix and a consequence of that is just that...they'll certainly be consequences.

*Much better to embrace the old by incorporating the new and to differentiate a thing to the point to where an entirely NEW culture is created! :flag1:;)

I know what you're trying to say in the context of this thread. However, even a recreation could differentiate itself adequately without losing too much of the original "feel" of an experience. All it takes is a bit of determination and imagination.

You know, imagination - I am finding - is far too lacking these days. :sad1: Everything is pushed towards a quick fix and a consequence of that is just that...they'll certainly be consequences.

*Much better to embrace the old by incorporating the new and to differentiate a thing to the point to where an entirely NEW culture is created! :flag1:;)

Yeah, plus keeping a game the same forever isn't very good since it starts to feel repetitive.

Last edited:
There should be new things to some extent, things that Disney already planned/hinted at like Kraken, Jolly Roger Island, Captain's Quarters, should come first. I don't know, this game seems too easy though. Most potco mini games required practice and skill, this just seems like any dimwit with a mouse could click all day and get free easy gold, could be wrong since I never played it though. Honestly, I think just training dummies that act like invincible non combatant normal enemies would be enough

I am a very big Free Realms fan (Free Realms shutdown :sad1:), and recently thought, couldn't a mini-game with this concept be quite fun and immersive in TLOPO? More info here:

http://fr.zam.com/wiki/fr_minigame:Hack_'n'_Slash

A mini-game with this concept would be fun, immersive, and rewarding. I would love it if this concept would be added as a mini-game into TLOPO, of course it would be a bit redesigned and pirate themed though. Video below so people can see what I mean. (Just a short video, not ALL the info)

I see how u would want this in-game. But I don't see where it would fit in. There is really no concept of the game where that would fit in the game. Good suggestion though

I see how u would want this in-game. But I don't see where it would fit in. There is really no concept of the game where that would fit in the game. Good suggestion though

I don't see why people keep saying that it wouldn't fit in, it's a training dummy and training dummies are useful for people who are practicing.

Last edited:
There should be new things to some extent, things that Disney already planned/hinted at like Kraken, Jolly Roger Island, Captain's Quarters, should come first. I don't know, this game seems too easy though. Most potco mini games required practice and skill, this just seems like any dimwit with a mouse could click all day and get free easy gold, could be wrong since I never played it though. Honestly, I think just training dummies that act like invincible non combatant normal enemies would be enough

You could say the same for the ship repair mini-games on land though.

Last edited:
I don't see why people keep saying that it wouldn't fit in, it's a training dummy and training dummies are useful for people who are practicing. Can you perhaps enlighten me on why you think so?
What would it train them for? This doesn't relate to the sword skills in any way.. and in my opinion it's really similar to the wood cutting mini game of ship repair.

It is a lot like the ship repair, and those were just time fillers so that you didn't have to sit there waiting which proved to be more annoying than sitting and waiting xD

I remember all those sony games being based around Minigames as a main source of money, with no combat at first (played CWA but same engine, similar updates etc), not sure exactly how free realms worked but I know minigames were pretty big. Here, we have real combat eith tons of skills and weapons and such, and the only real freerealms/cwa style mini games are the ship repair ones that most people didn't like afaik. It does really fit, since there were already training dummmies that you could level sword skill on in the intro and such, that training dummies become a mini game, and if not fully randomized it becomes an easy way to cheat for money with autoclicking. It just seems like way too much hassle to the devs for absolutely no gain other than a time waster most people will try once and never play again.

It is a lot like the ship repair, and those were just time fillers so that you didn't have to sit there waiting which proved to be more annoying than sitting and waiting xD

the only real freerealms/cwa style mini games are the ship repair ones that most people didn't like afaik.
Lol too true. And I think some people liked them but I wasn't one of them.

Lol too true. And I think some people liked them but I wasn't one of them.

About ship repair (or any other similar mini game with the same purpose)
Yes, probably it was not one of the most lovely parts of the game.
But, honestly, I dont think it was only one annoying "time filler".
First of all, it represented the hard part of life aboard the ship and the hard part of a pirate life.
Second, it was a big test for the skills of the captain: was he/she able to coordinate all the tasks of the crew? could she/he know when to ask for help with the cannons or with the mop? was he/she able to ask for help with repairs without making people just click the teleport button and go to another ship where nobody asks for hard work?
And most of all, it was an incredible way to improve mutual help, team work skills and crew spirit.
Some moments, when somebody leaves the cannon, goes to the repair spot and says "Its my turn, go, grab my cannon and have your share of fun", are unforgetable...
That kind of interaction between players will never be achieved if all the parts of the game are pure fun...

Change whatever you want. But keep the best part of POTCO: friendly interaction between people that dont know each each other personally and probably never will.

Aye

What would it train them for? This doesn't relate to the sword skills in any way.. and in my opinion it's really similar to the wood cutting mini game of ship repair.

How does it not relate to sword skills? You're learning techniques and using them on a dummy with a sword. Also, on another note I completely forgot about that mini-game, sorry about that.

Last edited:
How does it not relate to sword skills? You're learning techniques and using them on a dummy with a sword. Also, on another note I completely forgot about that mini-game. XD
It doesn't relate to the sword skills in game. You're learning "technique" but somebody could level sword off this in the beginning and end up with a ton of skills they don't know how to use. Too many xp sources is a problem that plagues many games, but has never plagued potco. Let us not ruin that :p besides, we shouldn't be requesting any new additions yet, let's wait for the alpha to get enemies before we go that far lol. Just be grateful for what we are getting, we all have separate fantasies of what potco "could" be, but having the base game back is better than having any imaginary "enhanced" version.

It doesn't relate to the sword skills in game. You're learning "technique" but somebody could level sword off this in the beginning and end up with a ton of skills they don't know how to use. Too many xp sources is a problem that plagues many games, but has never plagued potco. Let us not ruin that :p besides, we shouldn't be requesting any new additions yet, let's wait for the alpha to get enemies before we go that far lol. Just be grateful for what we are getting, we all have separate fantasies of what potco "could" be, but having the base game back is better than having any imaginary "enhanced" version.

Again, I never asked for it to be added right away. It's just a suggestion in general for more mini-games. Besides I meant this as more of a "fun" mini-game, not as a way to get more XP since it would be just like you said. The XP part was just something I considered.

Last edited:
Eh. I think most people would rather see Kraken/guild homes/trade or AH*/captain's quarters/new ship types or upgrades/a much higher gold cap/more inventory space/more characters first, but I could see this in the distant future if there's really nothing vital to work on.

* Of course, the auction house would only accept items of rare quality or lower

Edit: that made 100 posts! Yay!

Back