Sailing New sailing loot system

Eric Sailcutter

Pirate Lord
Ok, this may not be a bug but I strongly believe that it should be changed: I was recently on a run and had just finished filling the hold when a friend decided to join us. When we ported she got full loot from the entire run even though she was not aboard when all the loot was obtained. As I recall that is the way it was in potco but it isn't the way it was in the earlier Beta loot system. Earlier you would only get the loot that was obtained while you were aboard. I feel strongly that you should only get the loot that was obtained while you were aboard and that we should somehow return to that while keeping the other changes to the loot system. What do you think? This might be a bug or is it just an attempt to get back to the way potco was?

Last edited:
Ok, this may not be a bug but I strongly believe that it should be changed: I was resently on a run and had just finished filling the hold when a friend decided to join us. When we ported she got full loot from the entire run even though she was not aboard when all the loot was obtained. As I recall that is the way it was in potco but it isn't the way it was in the earlier Beta loot system. Earlier you would only get the loot that was obtained while you were aboard. I feel strongly that you should only get the loot that was obtained while you were aboard and that we should somehow return to that while keeping the other changes to the loot system. What do you think? This might be a bug or is it just an attempt to get back to the way potco was?
That explains why the bilge rats and parasites flock to the ships once full and porting.
I agree that such inequities might be adjusted to be more fair.

That explains why the bilge rats and parasites flock to the ships once full and porting.
I agree that such inequities might be adjusted to be more fair.
It was not like this under the old system and it's the one thing about the old system that was superior. I remember people in potco inviting others to tp when they had a full hold and were ready to port so that their friends could take advantage of this. It encourages a variety of cheating type escapades.

Captains should recieve the ability to kick people from their ship and you can wave goodbye to all the leechers.

Reactions: GAT
As I recall that is the way it was in potco

Actually, the way it was in POTCO is as you mentioned. You got the loot that you were on board for when it was acquired.
I believe POTCO also had a stipulation that you had to be active, if you were afk when a ship was sunk, you didn't get that loot.
I'd also like to see that implemented.

Also, while we're speaking of sailing loot:
screenshot_2018-03-03_00-11-58.jpg

Pretty sure that when I fulfill a full mat run, I should get far more than that.
All the "nonvisible" loot didn't come in at end of run. Instead of the couple thousand gold I should have gotten from RCs and loot chests, I got this. Looks like TLOPO has a new sail loot bug.

Don't they only get gold though? I remember going on a ship a few seconds before porting and I only got gold.
That was before the update. My friend got full mats, gold, and loot including a famed even though she was not aboard when any ships were sunk. She just tp ed and got loot.

Actually, the way it was in POTCO is as you mentioned. You got the loot that you were on board for when it was acquired.
I believe POTCO also had a stipulation that you had to be active, if you were afk when a ship was sunk, you didn't get that loot.
I'd also like to see that implemented.

Also, while we're speaking of sailing loot:View attachment 101288
Pretty sure that when I fulfill a full mat run, I should get far more than that.
All the "nonvisible" loot didn't come in at end of run. Instead of the couple thousand gold I should have gotten from RCs and loot chests, I got this. Looks like TLOPO has a new sail loot bug.
The screen shot is not of a bug, you swapped out all your loot and gold containers except one for mats, that is the new system. You only had one loot chest left with one item and 132 gold in it.

It happened a few updates ago. They said getting loot and materials was a bug and they fixed it. You can still collect royal chests if you have them showing when porting. If they are gone because you have gotten materials you lose them.

Well it wasn't a bug. It was exactly how things happened in POTCO. They told us they wanted to recreate POTCO exactly as it was initially and then add updates from there.

They've now stolen svs bounty and getting back full hold of loot for a long ship run.

This wasn't a full mat run, but here's my proof: Chests and cargo plunder. Taken 9/5/2013.
screenshot_2013-09-05_20-12-43.jpg

TLOPO, as a longtime Potco player who's favorite part of the game has always been sailing, please give our loot back.

I know it was the old way in POTCO but they are saying it was a bug. The only recourse I know is talking to support so they can pass it on to the Devs.

Back