• Man o' War

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The Flying Dutchmen

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Can't decide

• Invalid response(accidentally put this here)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samuel Gower

Swashbuckler
I personally think the ships should stay the same except add one more ship class.
Man o' War, a ship with a strong hull but slow manuovering.
Cannons 36 for each side
Hull: stronger than the ship of the line
Speed: 18 knots
Health: about 5-10 thousand health
Cost: 10 million gold
This strong war ship is an unstoppable force capable of taking down the worlds most fierce ships. The Man o' War can only be captained by the strongest! Do you have what it takes?

I also think there should be the Flying Dutchmen like many people have suggested.
Well that's all and thank you for listening good night.

To be honest I never really liked the idea of adding new super strong ships. Unless there's a serious drawback to them, it seems like they'd be too OP.

Man o war was on test server for a bit, but it caused so much lag it was never implemented
Our test servers or Disney's?

Honestly, it's ridiculous to me that Davy Jones and the Flying Dutchman were never added to POTCO. I mean, he's the main villain in 2 of the movies. The Flying Dutchman should behave like the queen Anne's revenge, being a flagship that you can sink. Davy Jones would be the final boss. While I'm at this, why was Blackbeard never made the boss on the queen Anne's revenge? That literally makes so sense. POTCO
also messed up with their islands. They should have added Isla de Meurta and Cannibal Island at LEAST. Like when you make a game based on a movie, you should try to add as many movie features as you possibly can.

Lol wow, sorry for the rant, but you get my point. POTCO could have been so much better if they had based updates around the movies more.

A long time ago I thought about what kinds of ships could they add to the game. I came up with these ideas as possible additions:
Overview:
Here are some proposed stats for the Schooner class of ship. The stats are based off of the existing ship classes. In the traditional order of ships in Pirates Online, it falls after the Brig class. Its stats are very similar to the Sloop, but has slightly more armor and more cargo.

Historical Points:
Schooners were used because they were fast ships. They were know for blockade running. Thus they must be fast and capable of taking a beating but not dealing damage.

Light Schooner:
  • Armor: 3,000
  • Sails: 4,500
  • Cannons: 4
  • Broadsides: 6
  • Cargo: 8
  • Crew: 4
  • Cost: 1,000 Gold
  • Resale Value: 500 Gold
Schooner:
  • Armor: 5,500
  • Sails: 7,000
  • Cannons: 6
  • Broadsides: 10
  • Cargo: 12
  • Crew: 6
  • Cost: 10,000 Gold
  • Resale Value: 5,000 Gold
War Schooner:
  • Armor: 8,000
  • Sails: 10,000
  • Cannons: 8
  • Broadsides: 16
  • Cargo: 14
  • Crew: 8
  • Cost: 100,000 Gold
  • Resale Value: 50,000 Gold
Speed and Turning Radius:
The base speed would be 10, as fast as a sloop. Its turning radius will be slower than the sloop. Perhaps the same as the Frigate.

Overview:
Here are some proposed stats for the Carrack class of ship. The stats are based off of the existing ship classes. In the traditional order of ships in Pirates Online, it falls between the Galleon and Frigate classes. Its stats are very similar to the galleon except it has much more Armor (hull health) and Sails (sails health) with less cannons and broadsides than the galleon. In addition, the Carrack has the ability to carry slightly more cargo than the Galleon. Its cost lies between the Galleons and Frigates.

Historical Points:
I choose these stats because Carracks were known to be used for exploration. They were bulky ships (thus larger armor and sails) designed to explore the oceans over long distances (larger cargo capacity). During this time of exploration, piracy or war was hardly a threat, this is why it has less deck cannons and broadsides. So why do galleons carry less cargo and have more cannons? With piracy being a huge threat, the navies had to trade cargo capacity for cannons (protection). With the added weight of the cannons, the ships were limited to carry less cargo.

Light Carrack:
  • Armor: 4,000
  • Sails: 5,500
  • Cannons: 4
  • Broadsides: 8
  • Cargo: 12
  • Crew: 4
  • Cost: 600 Gold
  • Resale Value: 300 Gold
Carrack:
  • Armor: 8,000
  • Sails: 8,000
  • Cannons: 6
  • Broadsides: 16
  • Cargo: 16
  • Crew: 6
  • Cost: 4500 Gold
  • Resale Value: 2250 Gold
War Carrack:
  • Armor: 12,000
  • Sails: 11,000
  • Cannons: 8
  • Broadsides: 22
  • Cargo: 20
  • Crew: 8
  • Cost: 50,000 Gold
  • Resale Value: 25,000 Gold
Speed and Turning Radius:
The base speed would be 9, the same as the Frigate, but would have the same turning radius as a galleon.
I tried to come up with fair and balanced stats, but you really could take them any direction you want.

Last edited:
I feel like ship of the line would be possible, the devs wouldn't have to make up a whole new model for it. It would probably be difficult to make it upgradeable tho since Disney never did

I feel like ship of the line would be possible, the devs wouldn't have to make up a whole new model for it. It would probably be difficult to make it upgradeable tho since Disney never did
Ship of the line is compatible with every customization texture, I don't think it would be that hard for them to add the upgrades such as the cannons shooting the special ammo or the boosts, who knows maybe it's even in the code. I used blender to re-texture the Ship of the Line, it looks very cool.
0gn2WXb.png
bwbcisK.png
IpsBNzX.png
OztI8Iw.png
WIKpLOh.png

Adding in a ship of the line would cause some huge problems, destroying SvS (as if it wasn't broken enough) and overall just taking away from the unique strategies and play styles having multiple classes of top tier ships has.

Implementing it in conjunction with guilds could be a plausible way to execute such an update, such as being able to purchase one for a guild (acting as a guild flagship) and having restrictions on the use and launch of it.

The schooner is the only other ship class that I can think of viable for game implementation aside from the SoTL, but the
SoTL would be difficult to balance.

Back