New Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max15694

Dockworker
Currently me and other pirates are waiting for this server to update for the new Mac OS High Sierra. It is taking longer than expected and we need to know why. No names will be mentioned here but all we can say is that we need this game to be updated for Mac users, waiting too long will result in the permanent leaving of this game and ENJOY other beautiful and better games than this game on PC or Consoles. Lost too many people when POTCO shut down, i don't see why it cant happen again in this 'Game'.

I understand the frustration Mac users are feeling right now but this project is being done by people who are volunteering their spare time and their own money to make it happen.
It's a huge undertaking and a lot of work is going into it. While it is in beta no one should be demanding anything. Many who are here are loyal POTCO fans who are grateful to have the game back and are willing to be supportive and patient during this time.
There is really nothing else that can be done about a known issue but wait.

just because there’s not a dont like button.
i’m shure they are doing the best they cane. making threats to move on to another game isn’t gonna help them do it any faster.
I understand the frustration Mac users are feeling right now but this project is being done by people who are volunteering their spare time and their own money to make it happen.
It's a huge undertaking and a lot of work is going into it. While it is in beta no one should be demanding anything. Many who are here are loyal POTCO fans who are grateful to have the game back and are willing to be supportive and patient during this time.
There is really nothing else that can be done about a known issue but wait.
You guys said it pretty well.
@Max15694, if you decide to leave to "ENJOY other beautiful and better games", then we all respect your decision, but there's nothing the staff can do about that. I'm sure they are working hard to get the game compatible with High Sierra, but they are volunteers with a job and a life, and they have the right to restrict your access at any time. Obviously, a few select people are upset by this, but most people are not going to leave forever because of this. There is only so much they can do, just be respectful and patient. As a fellow Mac user, I have just avoided the High Sierra update because I want to continue to play the game until it is compatible with the new OS. Hope this helps clear some things up! ;)

Currently me and other pirates are waiting for this server to update for the new Mac OS High Sierra. It is taking longer than expected and we need to know why. No names will be mentioned here but all we can say is that we need this game to be updated for Mac users, waiting too long will result in the permanent leaving of this game and ENJOY other beautiful and better games than this game on PC or Consoles. Lost too many people when POTCO shut down, i don't see why it cant happen again in this 'Game'.
I'm sure the developers are working towards making this game compatible with Macs. You have to remember that this is still in beta.

It's "Sure", also you have to remember they don't have the budget of a multi-million dollar company such as Disney,and if you can't wait for a bug fix, maybe you should play another game. As I remember in alpha crashing was extremely common and I personally couldn't go 10 minutes without crashing, yet I continued playing, maybe you should either 1) Be patient 2) Deal with it.

I can understand his frustration and can relate maybe he just needs to vent.
heck I have a newer alien ware laptop with all the bells and whistles built for gaming,and I can’t even get the game to lunch on it.
but the game plays fine on my 5 year old HP laptop that has less memory then my phone. Go figure.
The point is we all just suffer through it and wait and it will get better.
Hang in there Max good things come to those who wait..

i'm about to get allot of hate for this and honestly i don't care, i'm not even a mac user and even i agree, they need to be much faster and more reliable on fixing bugs and glitches, sadly the staff and some players might disagree but yes you are dead on right, if they are too slow or never fix the issues their going to lose allot of players, take me for example, while i was loyal to this game from day one, every day i run across a new glitch that's causing issues including crashing while heading to port with full mat cargos, very very annoying, but as loyal as i am to the game itself, between constant glitches and lack of inventory even i begin to consider quitting, maybe not permanently but at least until they fix some things and improve some things.

while i do understand the staff is volunteers and everybody has a life, that's hardly an acceptable excuse for constant delays, if the current staff can't handle it then they need to locate some other volunteers to help out or merge with one of the other various projects that just quit trying because the community was too rude towards them, it's not as though they can't find help.

as for their budget, well if they have a budget to add new content then they have plenty of budget to fix current problems and improve current content, honestly it cost 10 times more to add new things then to fix current.

you may not have allot of support on your post max but you definitely have mine. i agree about 90% anyway, if they don't improve their gonna lose allot of people and they really really do need to be much much faster.

Do you people not understand the concept of "beta" loooooooool

The game isn't supposed to be perfect, the game isn't advertised as being completely ready, you gotta expect this kind of stuff to happen. Yea it's gonna be a while, but the staff is literally doing all they can because games are an absolute bear to make, especially one as extensive as this.

If you wanted a perfect game then please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

nothing is or ever will be perfect, and i certainly do not expect perfect, but really one must have some standards and expectations, while it is beta, honestly, i havent seen them fix one glitch in the entire time i've played, a few months now i have been on this remake, i think in that time they could have fixed at least one glitch, i maybe public enemy number 1 for saying this but i honestly question how hard their actually trying, while i understand it is just but a hobby to them, if your going to do something, do it right, seems they have room for improvement just to be point blank honest.

Do you people not understand the concept of "beta" loooooooool

The game isn't supposed to be perfect, the game isn't advertised as being completely ready, you gotta expect this kind of stuff to happen. Yea it's gonna be a while, but the staff is literally doing all they can because games are an absolute bear to make, especially one as extensive as this.

If you wanted a perfect game then please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I don't get the constant bashing on the developers. They take so much time out of their own days to work on this game, and we act like bugs and glitches are the end of the world? We are testers. Our job is to find and report these bugs, and once we report them, we wait for them to be fixed. Some bugs and glitches are ahead of others in severity, and are thus given priority. With school going on, development will obviously slow, but there is still progress being made. They have lives, as do all of us. We have two options. Either be patient, bear with them, and wait it out, or simply give up and quit. Complaining about it is not going to make it go any faster. One of the best examples of patience is a game called 0 A.D.. It's a real time strategy game that started as a mod for Age of Empires II back in 2001. It moved to development of a standalone game in 2003. In 2009-2010, it was released as an alpha. And now, 8-7 years later, it is still in alpha. There is still a decent sized following of it, even though it is a lesser known game. From what I've seen from their community, there is very little complaining about the progress.

eh, i don't think anyone is trying to bash them, certainly i am not, much much worse things could definitely be said,
but eh, at the same time it really should not be that big of a bail out for them to say they take time from their lives, they do it because they want to and like to it's something they enjoy doing, if one enjoys doing something it can hardly be misconceived as a sacrifice, now the family of a war hero knows sacrifice, but making a game while enjoying what you do? nah not even close. if they call it a sacrifice and feel that it is then honestly they should not do it at all, i'm grateful to have the game back and thankful they did. but sorry to them and you i can not ever call what they do a sacrifice, not by a long shot.

I don't get the constant bashing on the developers. They take so much time out of their own days to work on this game, and we act like bugs and glitches are the end of the world? We are testers. Our job is to find and report these bugs, and once we report them, we wait for them to be fixed. Some bugs and glitches are ahead of others in severity, and are thus given priority. With school going on, development will obviously slow, but there is still progress being made. They have lives, as do all of us. We have two options. Either be patient, bear with them, and wait it out, or simply give up and quit. Complaining about it is not going to make it go any faster. One of the best examples of patience is a game called 0 A.D.. It's a real time strategy game that started as a mod for Age of Empires II back in 2001. It moved to development of a standalone game in 2003. In 2009-2010, it was released as an alpha. And now, 8-7 years later, it is still in alpha. There is still a decent sized following of it, even though it is a lesser known game. From what I've seen from their community, there is very little complaining about the progress.

nothing is or ever will be perfect, and i certainly do not expect perfect, but really one must have some standards and expectations, while it is beta, honestly, i havent seen them fix one glitch in the entire time i've played, a few months now i have been on this remake, i think in that time they could have fixed at least one glitch, i maybe public enemy number 1 for saying this but i honestly question how hard their actually trying, while i understand it is just but a hobby to them, if your going to do something, do it right, seems they have room for improvement just to be point blank honest.
We’ve gone to a completely Open Beta (huge deal), and we actually just had an update last night that fixed some obnoxious bugs. The release notes have information on it when an update was “pushed” and what it fixed. Do we have bugs? Yes. But TLOPO has fixed numerous issues in the past few months (the window you referenced)... and no, you aren’t public enemy number one for voicing concerns :) <3

Here is the link to the release notes entailing what has been fixed and when.
https://tlopo.com/releases/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back