Nostalgia

Cheysa Finn

Pirate Lord
Ahoy!

I'm sure we all have tons of memories from POTCO. We love to reminisce about our favorite guild, best friends, most lucrative looting days, and how much fun it was to brew potions.

Wait, you say brewing potions wasn't fun? Nah, can't be! ;)

TLOPO is still in its early days, yet we have already made so many precious memories together. I know some days are tough with bugs and crashes getting in the way of our fun, but far greater are those days filled with nostalgia that we'll remember forever.

Looking back at the last few years, which of these can you say? I was there when....
  • ...there was a mood rock on Port Royal
  • ...all you could do was level fishing and potions
  • ...a GM created a TLOPO-original meme because of a typo during an event (RUNG!!)
  • ...you could glitch up into the sky for a picture-perfect bird's eye view of the entire Caribbean
  • ...they still used Keys and PlayTimes ;)
  • ...they had a Wiki party on Abassa Tortuga
  • ...the staff turned undead and we got to slaughter them over and over!
  • ...they accidentally released cursed weapons without having to do the RC quest first
  • ...they accidentally released bosses during Alpha
  • ...a player reached level 50 just by brewing potions and fishing
  • ...rage ghosts dropped a lot more goodies besides party hats
  • ...Pirates Forums and TLOPO became official partners
  • ...the POTCO Wiki and the TLOPO Wiki merged
  • ...TLOPO didn't even exist yet - it was just Pirates Online Rewritten
  • ... @MMDR wasn't a staff member yet ;)
  • ...you could glitch into an EITC or Navy clothing outfit
  • ...NPC's had ginormous eyes
  • ...lady pirates were forced to wear boots (it was horrible!)
  • ...Yellow Tangs were taking over the ocean
  • ...there was a scavenger hunt event
  • ...there was friendly fire out at sea
  • ...you could see chat from all over the game no matter where you were
  • ...you could fight a fellow pirate with your fishing rod
  • ...every single loading screen made you crash
  • ...there was only one server (Abassa)
  • ...finding blue letters didn't always mean you found a famed weapon
  • ...you couldn't port at the island you set sail from
  • ...you could report yourself for bad behavior
  • ...you could get giant boatloads of rep
  • ...you could find weapons without having unlocked them first
  • ...you could kill Jack the Monkey
  • ...you could only have 200,000 gold
  • ...hanging out on Port Royal was a thing, and hanging on Tortuga wasn't

You see, we've all been through so much already! Each day brings more and more possibilities. Today's adventures become tomorrow's memories. Also, today's bugs become tomorrow's bragging rights (all those Navy outfits!)

Let's not forget to cherish every moment that this game is back within our grasp. Even with all the fits it tends to give us, it's still 1,593 times better than having no game at all. Yes, that was a carefully calculated statistic there.

Congratulations to everyone on a successful launch of Open Beta! You all were a part of getting us here today. And because of you, all of this is more than worth the sacrifices we make.

Get out there and make some more memories!

~ Cheysa

Last edited:
I remember the super-hype when sailing was released in Alpha and I was a bit upset because I didn't have a key and couldn't play.

I remember the huge moment when the playtimes were introduced and you could only play once a week because all the slots after that would be booked.

I remember content week when alpha closed (was great) and everyone was all active an excited about the new additions.

So to conclude, I'd like to give a small toast to endless hours of FUN and LOOTING! <3

Holy moly, where do I even begin....

From reliving my past gaming days with old friends, to randomly deciding to dig at a digging spot and somehow being lucky enough to get a beta key, to my failed attempt at starting a forum treasure hunt, to glitching my clothes to different colors and being terrified that my account would be erased, to finding my first bright, the Christmas event, the fireworks, using low quality and no sound and still getting tons of lag because my old laptop was about to die........

Wow

I have to say that when I played POTCO I was very young, I played around 2008-2009 and never after that. TLOPO has been some great nostalgia but quickly became something great by itself. I never had a guild I hung out with and there were only 2 friends (granted very good friends to me at the time) I ever played with. I don't play this game for Nostalgia, I play it because I love it and love my new friends and guild.
Thanks Masters N Skulls for taking me in and making this game much more than it could be alone. <3

Back