Looting Not a Loot Complaint Nag Thread

C

Crashalot

I'm just curious if the devs, or someone, has control over loot, as in what exactly determines what a particular pirate gets in loot, such as famed, rare or if anything at all.

For me personally, here's an example of my land loot skulls, bar none, and an example of my sea loot skulls.
This seems to always be the case, and it seems specific to my pirate account.
Other family members who play alongside me in-game do not have the land loot (bad) luck that I have.
So, how is this seemingly "random" bad loot luck calculated , as in is it truly random, or something else?

screenshot_2018-05-16_16-33-55.jpg
screenshot_2018-05-03_18-13-53.jpg

Skull chests seem VERY lacking , especoally of any gold ! I mean 10 , 20 maybe 30 gold most often and that's with High level foes even ! I tend to laugh when I get a loot pouch that has more in it then the last 3 Skull chests did ! lol

"I'm just curious if the devs, or someone, has control over loot, as in what exactly determines what a particular pirate gets in loot, such as famed, rare or if anything at all."
No of course not.

"I'm just curious if the devs, or someone, has control over loot, as in what exactly determines what a particular pirate gets in loot, such as famed, rare or if anything at all."
No of course not.
"So, how is this seemingly "random" bad loot luck calculated , as in is it truly random, or something else?"

It's clearly "something else" not completely random but random to some reduced degree depending on many factors of which many are known but it's very likely that there are factors that are unknown to the general population of players. I have yet to even hear a plausible theory as to why the game gives out so many dupes. I know that when you get a very rare item it is often, not always, because certain factors line up which gives you higher chance of getting said item and would also give you a higher chance of getting it again so long as the factors haven't changed. That does not really explain getting the same exact item twice in a very short time which is common, just the other day I was with Bort when he got 2 Bitter End's in consecutive skull chests, unless it's far less random than I think.

To be honest I don't even believe in random in the macro world. It's more of a quantum mechanics kind of phenomena and random in the macro world is more like an approximation of true randomness. In our world there is just no way to eliminate all external influences from a system to make it truly random.

Last edited:
It's clearly "something else" not completely random but random to some reduced degree depending on many factors of which many are known but it's very likely that there are factors that are unknown to the general population of players. I have yet to even hear a plausible theory as to why the game gives out so many dupes. I know that when you get a very rare item it is often, not always, because certain factors line up which gives you higher chance of getting said item and would also give you a higher chance of getting it again so long as the factors haven't changed. That does not really explain getting the same exact item twice in a very short time which is common, just the other day I was with Bort when he got 2 Bitter End's in consecutive skull chests, unless it's far less random than I think.

To be honest I don't even believe in random in the macro world. It's more of a quantum mechanics kind of phenomena and random in the macro world is more like an approximation of true randomness. In our world there is just no way to eliminate all external influences from a system to make it truly random.
Huh?

LOL!

Back