Idea On Servers/Oceans

Should we have a 'legacy' server?

• Total voters

Haslam

Pirate
I've heard from somewhere (I've forgotten where, so if this is a load of rubbish completely ignore this) that TLOPO will eventually have several servers/oceans.

I've read through the heated posts on the Dev Digest thread, and came across the argument of whether the game should receive custom updates by the devs. One side believes that because people want TLOPO for nostalgic purposes, it should remain exactly how it was when they left it, and the other is that no game can stay interesting if it is not updated, and that POTCO was lacking in many ways the dev team hopes to fix.

I believe that the dev team should update the game as they see fit once they have fully recreated the game (I believe this is their plan anyway). I think that many will disagree with me though, and that although there is not much discussion about it now, once the devs start changing the game further down the line, lots of people will stop playing because they don't like the changes, and it might split the community. *the tin foil hat is on*

Anyway, here's the question: If we have multiple servers, would it be a good idea to have a 'legacy' ocean/server that runs with the base, finished version of the game that runs completely separately from the TLOPO servers? I think it might be a win/win.

When Nostalrius (the classic WoW server) got shut down, it had over a million accounts. It wasn't even an official server. People like classic and I for one can say that I'd be one of those people :D

I think that the entire game should at the same level of development so that the game isn't split into two communities, the Classic players and the Updated players.

I also think that any bugs possible to fix, even those that are non-gamebreaking, should be fixed.

Just wanted to post officially on TLOPO's behalf --

Our first priority is making TLOPO to be exactly like POTCO was, except without the bugs and glitches that Disney never fixed. Once that is finished, then we will start working on new content. The community has a large say in what we create, which is why we have the "Suggestions and Ideas" forum along with an email address (support@tlopo.com).

I understand wanting to have the old POTCO back, but I don't understand why one would dislike new content once that is accomplished. Is that not what everyone wished from Disney - more updates with awesome content?

It's true that some may stop playing if they dislike a certain feature that is introduced, but I don't think it will be very many. If there is something you don't like, why not just avoid participating in that activity? Ultimately tho, a game is for having fun. If you're not having fun, then find something else that is fun. I don't think future content additions will "split the community" as long as we have everything that POTCO did.

It's not that new content isn't desired, It's just that the old content was loved and should be immortalized in some way, the most efficient way being a legacy server. It'd be a luxury though and I would understand if it wasn't anywhere near the top of the agenda. You guys are great, please don't misinterpret nostalgia for anything bad.

Only the smoothest of sailing for you!
:pirate ship:

I honestly don't think so. To have a server like that like Game Freak creating every new Pokemon game with the same Pokemon in the story line, just with different named characters and stories.

Back