~ OPPORTUNITY ~ July 4, 2014

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date

Which "Fourth of July" word means the most to ye?

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

Last night (July 3rd, 2014) I slept horrible... :skullpeak:

Perhaps this restlessness of my own could be explained by the fact that only 12-14 hours earlier, my lungs had struggled to filter out the aromas which came from the various shapes and sizes of (Chinese-quality) fireworks as the gunpowder :bang:itself crashed our party, suspending itself high above the heads of my family, myself, and neighborhood participants/on-lookers whom happened to be outdoors last night celebrating this year's "Fourth of July" celebration (a full night ahead, mind you) here within the US.

Around 2 or 3 a.m. in the morning last night, I continually tossed and turned to the point to where I lost my patience and proceeded then to take my frustration out on the pillow that my head was resting upon:spam: ). From that point forward, I conceded to the fact that I was not going to achieve any further peaceful slumber and so, I then flipped on the television and came across a news broadcast on a television channel where the entire show was to reflect on what it means for everyone to be an "American" and also, why many of us do feel patriotic when it comes to the dear US of A. :bow:

As I widened my eyes and attempted to wipe the "crusties" from their corners, I began to understand that from the various opinions gained from just about everyone asked, the word - OPPORTUNITY - kept being repeated, over and over again.

As I reflected upon the significance behind what it truly means for me to be an American, my own thoughts eventually led me to focus upon what this (ex-POTCO) community is going through in so far as the "opportunity" which is laid out before us since that fateful day which had affected each of us, back in September of 2013.

As we celebrate this day, let us not forget that a true spirit behind being an "American" can actually be put into practice by anyone. In other words, the freedom and opportunity at-hand is universal.

*Today, on this day - July 4th, 2014 - the OPPORTUNITIES do exist for us, as a community of (POTCO new game/emulator) supporters and developers only if we are willing to agree with the following:

• ~ work hard towards accomplishing and completing the goal
  • ~ remain open and honest with others (and ourselves)
  • ~ seek out the needs of others first, ahead of our own personal needs
Let each of us NOT fail to reach our full potential (and to be reminded also, of our stars and stripes). Avast! The opportunity is just within our grasp, me hearties!
:star pluck:

~ HAPPY JULY 4TH, everyone.

I had to choose all the words, as they all hold meaning to me. I would have to add "Remembrance" to the list, as freedom isn't free, and too many have paid for our freedom. When we forget that fact, and treat it as "just a day off", we dishonor every one of them. There is no greater country in the world, we are always the first to aid anyone when a disaster occurs, sometimes alone, and even when they seemingly hate us. We don't have to, but we want to, because we are Americans. God bless the Red, White, and Blue.

I had to choose all the words, as they all hold meaning to me. I would have to add "Remembrance" to the list, as freedom isn't free, and too many have paid for our freedom. When we forget that fact, and treat it as "just a day off", we dishonor every one of them. There is no greater country in the world, we are always the first to aid anyone when a disaster occurs, sometimes alone, and even when they seemingly hate us. We don't have to, but we want to, because we are Americans. God bless the Red, White, and Blue.
The last option available on the poll should have been titled "Remembrance." :)

That is what I had meant to write but, because of the lack of sleep I sustained that night before (see thread, lol), I guess I wasn't thinking too clearly.

I now realize that I could have picked more then one word. If I did, I would have picked all of them except diversity. I believe that everything else has more meaning to the 4th of July than that. Just voicing an opinion.

Back