Out of Memory Allocation error

Kat Truewalker

Honorable Pirate
I know this has probably been mentioned before but it's a new error for me when the game loaded and played very well up til now -

I've tried the workaround mentioned and set priority to realtime, I have 16GB memory - GTX 1080 i7-6700K

Out of memory allocating - 138189416 bytes.

Have you already set the priority of the task to High or Realtime? This helped with my memory errors.

Yes, tried both high and realtime - it worked for a little while but then crashed out again with the same error message

I played fine before the digging update, no crashes at all the whole session.

the attempt change to high or realtime fails for myself...
Out of Memory Allocation error continues when docking (loosing all loot) and teleportating. Which is frustrating acquiring all the loot sinking ships and I loose it all.
Any one have any other ideas? Loosing loot hurts game play for myself.

The game is almost totally unplayable due to memory issues (the only areas that work are Tortuga, Tortuga Graveyard, and Wildwoods). I've tried every potential workaround but nothing helps, so I think all we can do is wait for updates. It's undoubtedly the most serious issue in the game, and a ton of people have it, so I'm sure it'll be fixed soon :)

the attempt change to high or realtime fails for myself...
Out of Memory Allocation error continues when docking (loosing all loot) and teleportating. Which is frustrating acquiring all the loot sinking ships and I loose it all.
Any one have any other ideas? Loosing loot hurts game play for myself.
Dock at small islands.
It rarely crashes when you don't dock at an island that lacks a totem.
Even Kingshead, a pretty heavy island, doesn't crash much.

I find that lowering the graphics settings helps with the memory problem. Disabling fancy skybox and lowering texture quality reduced my average ram use from 1,300 mb to 920 mb.

Crashing is inevitable, no matter how low you turn down the settings. It's also fancy loading screen :D

The game is 32 bit so it will only use around 4gb of ram to begin with, and because of the poor garbage collection generally (deletion of memory objects no longer needed) you will eventually run into this problem while playing the game. After long periods of time. Or even loading large areas with a lot of things.

If there isnt enough space left in the maxium of 4gb TLOPO can utilize you will get this error and crash. If you have an integrated graphics card this is even worse as some of the texture files instead of being stored in Vram will be stored in system ram, further limiting the capacity.

If you have low system ram to begin with, then you might have problems when running other programs alongside TLOPO. If you have 5 gb of ram: the OS will use maybe 500mb-1gb regardless, plus if you have a Internet browser open, you may be down to only 2-3gb of usable ram left for TLOPO.

Thats the causes of the out of memory crash anyways. Many of the crashes I epierence are not due to out of memory unless I've been playing for a while.

I have the same pc stats with the exception of a gtx 980 ti, and I'm getting the same memory error code with the same number of bytes. Any issue fixes here? Don't even get past jack sparrow in the cutscenes.

Back