Out Of Memory

How often does the game kick you? Have you upgraded your GPU's drivers?

Every. Single. Time. Can't load onto islands. Crashes in loading screens before and after picking a pirate.
Everything is up to date on my pc.
I should add It runs fine on my 3 year old laptop, but not this 2 month old pc.

if you click on the "pagefile" link it will tell you, otherwise just go to your system properties and:

1. In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

3. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.

4. Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.

5. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file you want to change.

6. Click Custom size, type a new size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, click Set, and then click OK.
I was reading the paging instructions but I was hoping you could explain what its doing in a way I can understand

@Beastman, are you capable of underclocking your CPU on your own? I don't really want to go in depth with this as it's not intended for the end-user and it differs from hardware to hardware. {If you choose to underclock, you take responsibility of your actions.}

Have you tried the normal fixes/workarounds? Re-installing the game etc? You can also try installing an older GPU driver as well. Please tell me if any of these work.

Also make sure you're running the game with administrator privileges

@Beastman, are you capable of underclocking your CPU on your own? I don't really want to go in depth with this as it's not intended for the end-user and it differs from hardware to hardware. {If you choose to underclock, you take responsibility of your actions.}

Have you tried the normal fixes/workarounds? Re-installing the game etc? You can also try installing an older GPU driver as well. Please tell me if any of these work.

Also make sure you're running the game with administrator privileges
Please don't take this as rude because I believe it may come out that way, but I have tried everything to fix it. When I say everything, I mean there is absolutely nothing you can suggest that I haven't done already. Unclock, overclock, add memory, uninstalling drivers, installing drivers, reinstalling game countless times under different hard drives, administrator, task manager settings, everything. I completely believe it is a game issue. I have sent my logs to tlopo.

Please don't take this as rude because I believe it may come out that way, but I have tried everything to fix it. When I say everything, I mean there is absolutely nothing you can suggest that I haven't done already. Unclock, overclock, add memory, uninstalling drivers, installing drivers, reinstalling game countless times under different hard drives, administrator, task manager settings, everything. I completely believe it is a game issue. I have sent my logs to tlopo.
Beasty, try Choco's guide and see if it helps.
https://piratesforums.co/threads/best-in-game-settings-for-tlopo-beta-1-3-5.16741/

Well, it IS a game issue. When applications do something invalid in an unsafe environment, originally the whole OS should just shut down. But since there's no such thing as "perfect error-free code", kernel developers have adopted a much acceptable workaround - to force applications to crash whenever they try to do something invalid in an unsafe environment. That's MUCH better than having to turn on your PC everytime a user-space software crashes. Only the application stops working, the OS and everything else will continue to execute.

In summary, whenever an application crashes, accept it this way : that same software does something invalid or tries to access something it doesn't have access to. (In sense of, invalid memory address) It's a problem with the software itself.

P. S. : I did my best to explain it in an accessible way.

Please don't take this as rude because I believe it may come out that way, but I have tried everything to fix it.
Then not much can be said. If there's the possibility to play on an older computer of yours, then feel free to do so for now.

Wish I could help you further but it looks like developers kicks in here.

Thank you for reaching us out and I hope to see your issue resolved soon.

Mark

32-bit applications are limited to using just 2 GBs of RAM. Problem is, this game, quite often, occupies 1.2 GBs even on the lowest settings. Outside of sending reports to team, which has access to the source code, there is little you can do to limit it.

Memory leaks are entirely outside of the control of the player.

32-bit applications are limited to using just 2 GBs of RAM. Problem is, this game, quite often, occupies 1.2 GBs even on the lowest settings. Outside of sending reports to team, which has access to the source code, there is little you can do to limit it.

Memory leaks are entirely outside of the control of the player.
Why does it matter though if I have ample ram?

Back