P O M P E I I

Do you plan to watch the movie, "Pompeii?"

• Yes!

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Maybe I will, maybe I won't..."ash" me later!

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

pompeii-promo-imagecb.jpg
pompei_3_1364379970.jpg

~ On the morning of January 21, 1995...I had the fortunate privilege to plant my feet upon the soil and cobble-stone streets of "Pompeii," ancient city of Italian ruins. :D *The city of Pompeii, located approximately 5.6 miles east of Naples, Italy, is well-known historically for the fate that it had suffered from the volcanic explosion of fire, ash, and doom spilling forth from the interior bowels of Mount Vesuvius, in 79 AD.
Tomorrow evening here within the US (February 21, 2014 AD), the theatrical:popcorn:release of this dramatic and historical event will be played out to where the world will be reminded, once again, of the horrific death citizens of Pompeii had to endure as the community was brought to extinction in a single day.
:furious:
Padres_Del_Fuego.jpg
As well all know, POTCO had it's own volcanic threat (Padres del Fuego).
Padres_Loading_Screen.jpg
In retrospect, our pirate-way-of-life could have been affected as well (but, obviously on a much smaller scale) as Pompeii if DIMG developers would have developed POTCO in such a way to where the vibrations we felt beneath our feet would have come to pass but, with full-force. (A volcano island like PDF, after all, is nothing more than a 'sleeping giant' awaiting to be awoken from it's slumber to where it's fury could simply be unleashed indiscriminately against those whom unfortunately happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time).
Avast! In contrast to PDF though, the loss of life for the citizens of Pompeii was real and it was staggering.

pompeii.jpg
mount_vesuvius.jpg
pompeii-volcano.jpg
2.jpg
pompeii2.jpg
corpsecast12.jpg
pompeii-cast.jpg
img_20110619_131909.jpg
2079022_the-real-pompeii_yhhbui2h6fubfdyfdbahdhdawlncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_740x416.jpg
Exp8_Pompeii.jpg
Pompeii%20-%20plastercasts.JPG
pompeii_victims.jpg
Below are some interesting facts (expressed through internet 'pics') as to why the explosion of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD was so destructive and also why the citizens of Pompeii (really) had no chance.
vesuviusimpact79ad.jpg
Note: The eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD was a "Plinian" eruption
d66ff494-0db0-476c-91d9-809cd84bf9bf.jpg
plinian.png

~ The images below include pics of what Pompeii now looks like with the first pic being a personal photo of mine that I had taken during my 1995 visit to Pompeii (sorry for the 'low' quality but, during that time there were no digital cameras).
0facddac-652b-4c22-a54c-41ee3ef9d361.jpg
769211-pompeii.jpg
hi-pompeii-cp-03298951-8col.jpg
800px-pompeii-street.jpg
pompeii_ruins.jpg
Note: If you look very closely at the cobble-stone (of certain streets) themselves, you will notice therutsgrooved and etched into the stones from the wheels of the chariots used by the citizens of Pompeii.
*As a United States tourist visiting Pompeii for half a day, these "ruts" represented to me the truth behind the reality that while although Pompeii was a city that was unfortunately buried by Mount Vesuvius ash, it was a city that did exist and had thrived during it's prime!
pompeii-5.jpg
300_2327496.jpg
DSCF1690.jpg
"Ashes to ashes, and dust to dust..."
Pompeii-2014-Movie-Title-Banner.png

They say when a person inhales or breathes in too much volcanic ASH that when it comes into contact with any source of "moisture" (i.e., a person's saliva) a chemical change occurs to where the ASH itself becomes crystallized and very sharp to where when a person's inhales each breathe, the lungs become damaged to the point to where the ultimate result is death due to suffocation.

If you think about volcanic ASH in this way, it's almost as if people "drown" without their feet ever leaving land...

*It's quite a horrific death! :sad1:

They say when a person inhales or breathes in too much volcanic ASH that when it comes into contact with any source of "moisture" (i.e., a person's saliva) a chemical change occurs to where the ASH itself becomes crystallized and very sharp to where when a person's inhales each breathe, the lungs become damaged to the point to where the ultimate result is death due to suffocation.

If you think about volcanic ASH in this way, it's almost as if people "drown" without their feet ever leaving land...

*It's quite a horrific death! :sad1:

Man, that would be a terrible way to die.

If I'm not mistaken, and I don't know why either, the movie is already out available for download in highest quality from a trusted site I use to download movies.

Just wondering how is that possible because usually there needs to be 3 months time or so for the movies to be available for download in torrents.

And, is this the movie or another one? Because the title isn't just Pompeii
http://yts.re/movie/Apocalypse_Pompeii_2014_1080p

If I'm not mistaken, and I don't know why either, the movie is already out available for download in highest quality from a trusted site I use to download movies.
Just wondering how is that possible because usually there needs to be 3 months time or so for the movies to be available for download in torrents.
And, is this the movie or another one? Because the title isn't just Pompeii
http://yts.re/movie/Apocalypse_Pompeii_2014_1080p

I looked it up and that is a completely "different" movie to where the plot of the movie occurs modern-day.

The (movie) trailer I had included above ^ is a film which was just released here in US theatres this past weekend, remains in connection with Sony Pictures, and to which the plot of the film takes place during 79 AD (the 'true' moment-in-time when Mount Vesuvius had erupted). :)

Van Halen (Eddie ^) - "Eruption" :furious:

Back