PC Requirements for SWTOR @ High/Ultra?

David Yellowhound

Honorable Pirate
Hey fellow pirates. I recently started playing SWTOR, and so far it's amazing. However, I would like to play it on higher graphics such as High or Ultra, but the problem is I don't know whether to pay more for a better cpu since I've seen some people say it's cpu intensive or pay more for the gpu. Any tips and advice would be appreciated :D

Hey fellow pirates. I recently started playing SWTOR, and so far it's amazing. However, I would like to play it on higher graphics such as High or Ultra, but the problem is I don't know whether to pay more for a better cpu since I've seen some people say it's cpu intensive or pay more for the gpu. Any tips and advice would be appreciated :D

In all honesty, i didn't have much of a problem with it until i upgraded to win 10 where i had it on high settings and after 10 or more minutes it would freeze on me during a cutscene forcing me to kill it from the task manager. Before that, no i could still play it on high even though my computer is not all that great :p

In all honesty, i didn't have much of a problem with it until i upgraded to win 10 where i had it on high settings and after 10 or more minutes it would freeze on me during a cutscene forcing me to kill it from the task manager. Before that, no i could still play it on high even though my computer is not all that great :p
I guess it's because of my laptop with only an i5 cpu with integrated graphics :/ Thinking about just getting a rig with a gtx 950 and fx8350. Thanks for the insight :D

I guess it's because of my laptop with only an i5 cpu with integrated graphics :/ Thinking about just getting a rig with a gtx 950 and fx8350. Thanks for the insight :D
All honesty, the games engine is poorly optimized. With my 4790k and 980Ti, I would never go above 60FPS, and would still drop to 5. But as long as you have a dedicated GPU and a decent CPU, you should be good to go. You could gimp the 8350 for a 6300 then get a 280 3GB, 280x 3GB or a 380 4GB.

All honesty, the games engine is poorly optimized. With my 4790k and 980Ti, I would never go above 60FPS, and would still drop to 5. But as long as you have a dedicated GPU and a decent CPU, you should be good to go. You could gimp the 8350 for a 6300 then get a 280 3GB, 280x 3GB or a 380 4GB.
But I should aslo add, my bro gets the same performance on his laptop that has an i3 and a 2GB GDDR3 GPU

I run an i5-4690k and a GTX 960 and keep a pretty consistent 60 FPS unless I'm doing 16-man raids or intense WZ battles then I drop but that's cause of Bioware's terrible game engine not my hardware.

I run an i5-4690k and a GTX 960 and keep a pretty consistent 60 FPS unless I'm doing 16-man raids or intense WZ battles then I drop but that's cause of Bioware's terrible game engine not my hardware.
I have a 4790k and a 980 Ti, and Ill lose FPS while walking around my ship randomly. The engine is just horrid

I have a 4790k and a 980 Ti, and Ill lose FPS while walking around my ship randomly. The engine is just horrid
Wow. Wasn't aware the engine was that bad :O 980ti is a really serious card. Also i'm curious why the pick for a 6300 over 8350? I assume for overclocking purposes or it just being cheaper?

Back