Petition to other gaming companies

Robert Darkrage

Notorious Pirate
It just came to my mind that we could also try a different approach which I think it has a pretty good chance of success.

I am suggesting to petition other gaming companies that could take over the game from Disney and move it forward. There are alot of examples out there but I give you a recent one (Feb. 2013): Pirates of the Burning Seas was droped by Sony Ent. and taken over by Portalus Games and I'm quoting here from the transfer agreement "By the end of the month, starting tomorrow, Pirates of the Burning Sea, the seafaring, pirate blasting, trade-merchanting MMORPG will no longer be under the wings of Sony Online Entertainment. While it's sad that SOE is abandoning ship, Portalus Games will be taking over and reins and moving forward at full speed ahead."

I think if we put our passion and effort to petition the gaming companies out there as we did with Disney I am sure we can win. They just need to see the passion, dedicated players and the potential for this game with the right developers. If Pirates of the Burning Seas could do it so do we. Let's save this game.

Okayyy... We are going to need an organised group of people for that and also the companies we would like to contact to though.... and we have a month..

I agree, where there is will there is always a way. I also want to thank you for your interest and support on this.
It will work only if our community buys into it. We obviously have the right people with the knowledge and skills set that developed and maintain this site and petition to Disney, shouldn't be no different than the petition to Disney.
I help with what I can. :arrrrr:
The list of developers is below.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/all/sCol/titleUC/sOrder/asc

The only problem with this idea... is the copyright. Pretty much every single concept in this game is copyright of the Disney company and the POTC franchise. (That Disney won't be giving up anytime soon) It would require a HUGE game overhaul, to change all the copyrighted material. It would be pretty much starting from scratch once again. While I guess its not totally impossible, it would require great lengths that most companies probably won't be willing to go through... But I guess where there's a will there's a way...

The only problem with this idea... is the copyright. Pretty much every single concept in this game is copyright of the Disney company and the POTC franchise. (That Disney won't be giving up anytime soon) It would require a HUGE game overhaul, to change all the copyrighted material. It would be pretty much starting from scratch once again. While I guess its not totally impossible, it would require great lengths that most companies probably won't be willing to go through... But I guess where there's a will there's a way...
One word Licensing! Disney owns Stars Wars a very big movie franchise! Yet they still gave out a License to EA. With Licensing, Disney isn't giving up any rights to the product(s), they are simply giving someone permission to use that product for a royalty. (A royalty is a payment, usually a percentage of the the profit, that the licensed has to pay back to the copyright holder.) I don't see why they can't license out "Pirates of the Caribbean Online" to a third party developer to develop and maintain the game. In my opinion, they want Disney Infinity to be the ONLY platform to promote Disney movies, etc... My guess they are afraid of the fact that a successful POTCO might hurt the much needed income of Disney Infinity. Just my 1 cent. (I only had a penny, sorry. :p)

One word Licensing! Disney owns Stars Wars a very big movie franchise! Yet they still gave out a License to EA. With Licensing, Disney isn't giving up any rights to the product(s), they are simply giving someone permission to use that product for a royalty. (A royalty is a payment, usually a percentage of the the profit, that the licensed has to pay back to the copyright holder.) I don't see why they can't license out "Pirates of the Caribbean Online" to a third party developer to develop and maintain the game. In my opinion, they want Disney Infinity to be the ONLY platform to promote Disney movies, etc... My guess they are afraid of the fact that a successful POTCO might hurt the much needed income of Disney Infinity. Just my 1 cent. (I only had a penny, sorry. :p)

Now that's good business talk right there ^_^

VMK was an online mmo that Disney had a few years back that closed down. With the closing of Pirates, I feel the same way I did when VMK shut down. (that is two times now the Mouse has broken my heart) As I stated about Open VMK, they have redone it, or are at least in the process of redoing it, and it is the same as it was before. Maybe in time, unless someone is able to take over the game now, we will be able to play as a Pirate again.
What are EA games :confused:?
EA Games = Electronic Arts

Back