Picture Albums

James O'martin
I am at your service. *bows and salutes* I want this because It is a bother to only be able to upload one pic or on a thread, and I agree with John and other peoples too. :) :fight: Please :( :)

i dont like to be a stick in the mud but considiring the minus side of it:
1-it will distroy the whole idea of the pirates forums wich is sharing THOUGHTS and EXPERIANCES and then comes pictures
2-it will make people too busy editing thier pics
3-uploading those pics wich will be a headache
4-LOTS AND LOTS of pixels and space
5-the staff member wich is already doing a very hard job making this forum spot-free will have trouble making sure the photos are APPROVEd<<you kow what i mean;)
so sign me for the opposers

i dont like to be a stick in the mud but considiring the minus side of it:
5-the staff member wich is already doing a very hard job making this forum spot-free will have trouble making sure the photos are APPROVEd<<you kow what i mean;)

That's the point that I agree with you. BUT, consider this: Our Forums is going to grow; it will get better and have more contents. It can't stay stagnant at this spot. One of those contents is a Photo Album. Other sites have these, and they are not even a public forum, sometimes just a guild forum. It's something that the technology it ready out there, but it does takes our Admins time and effort to do it. I'm not saying that we have to copy other forums, I'm just saying that growth is inevitable. A lot of ppl have screenshots (I personally have 'gazillions' of them, and they don't fit in any category or I don't want to 'bore' you with all of mine). I think it's a good idea to have photo albums that we all do not have to open as forum threads, but they are there if any of us has extra time and just wants to flip around pages.

If course, the bigger the forum is, the more staff it needs - in the future. That's a side effect of the growth and development. So when that time comes, maybe there will be a need to have Mods just for Photo Albums, who knows.

Now in response to your other points:

This photo album worked differently from a 'chat room'. Imagine Facebook, and compare it with this Forums. We have our profile page that we can type in our status and others can make comments on. FB has the same thing too. FB has a photo album and supposedly, we will have that kind of photo album that others can leave comments on. But FB does NOT have a communal forum, whereas all of us here do in this Forums. And in that communal forum, we can 'chat' and 'post pictures'. So our Forums includes FB facilities AND BEYOND. The photo album is not going to jeopardize the existence of the forum itself.

That's the point that I agree with you. BUT, consider this: Our Forums is going to grow; it will get better and have more contents. It can't stay stagnant at this spot. One of those contents is a Photo Album. Other sites have these, and they are not even a public forum, sometimes just a guild forum. It's something that the technology it ready out there, but it does takes our Admins time and effort to do it. I'm not saying that we have to copy other forums, I'm just saying that growth is inevitable. A lot of ppl have screenshots (I personally have 'gazillions' of them, and they don't fit in any category or I don't want to 'bore' you with all of mine). I think it's a good idea to have photo albums that we all do not have to open as forum threads, but they are there if any of us has extra time and just wants to flip around pages.

If course, the bigger the forum is, the more staff it needs - in the future. That's a side effect of the growth and development. So when that time comes, maybe there will be a need to have Mods just for Photo Albums, who knows.

Now in response to your other points:

This photo album worked differently from a 'chat room'. Imagine Facebook, and compare it with this Forums. We have our profile page that we can type in our status and others can make comments on. FB has the same thing too. FB has a photo album and supposedly, we will have that kind of photo album that others can leave comments on. But FB does NOT have a communal forum, whereas all of us here do in this Forums. And in that communal forum, we can 'chat' and 'post pictures'. So our Forums includes FB facilities AND BEYOND. The photo album is not going to jeopardize the existence of the forum itself.

wow you are sure eager for photoes
i think if it will be added<<<and im sure it wil be added>>> it shud be in like you know profile page where there is pirates/recent activities....ETC
im actually with the idea but i dont want it to be blindingly about pics**coz you know as soon as albums come out it will be like a contest**
and thats a long post there!!! you sure had a point to deliver;)

Only downside to it is the memory it takes up, would it be too much, or would there be a limit to how many can be posted? I'm a halfway computer nerd so I get concerned about memory conservation alot lol.

On a personal note, so long as it is appropriate, I don't mind much what exactly people place in albums. This is a pirates forum and I expect to see the majority of it will be screenshots. (And so no one has to sort through them, you will be able to maintain separate albums).

As for consumption of disk space, our server is able to cope (and when it becomes too much it will simply be upgraded), so let us worry about that :)

Back