Pirate Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally use Safari, and I have to say there is no negative point to mention, it's all great looking, and easy to use.

I have Mozilla Firefox which I use to use religously but after going through school and work, IE dominated everything so I finally just adjusted to IE. Never heard of Chrome before...I'll have to give it a try.
haha I kinda went in phases... First it was Safari, then Firefox, and now Chrome :) It was created by Google.
Honestly, is IE still used that much? I thought it died out a long time ago... lol then again I don't use Windows... :p

Thanks all.

With in the next few days, you will be able to associate images with pirates. This is handled by the usual attachment system.

When editing or adding a pirate, there will be an "Upload a File" button. Using this you attach an image of your pirate to be displayed into the card. When changing images, you must first delete the current one, as only one image may be attached to a Pirate at a time.

There will be a checkbox that says "Make fit." This option controls how the image is scaled into the card. Checking the box forces the full contents of the image within the dimensions. Leaving it unchecked will scale the image proportionately, and displaying it in the card from the top center. This option will usually look better but can cut the lower section and sides of your image out.

Any image that does not meet fully fit the dimensions of the card will be scaled up so it does.

The options:
View attachment 1023

Image with "Make Fit" enabled:
View attachment 1022

Image with "Make Fit disabled:
View attachment 1021

It can be a little confusing but it should become clear in a few days.

So, how can I get the pic to upload it? Do I have to highlight it?

Pirate Profiles have been updated.

Changes to profiles now appear in the recent activity streams:
Screen shot 2010-12-09 at 4.48.26 PM.jpg

There have been some display fixes with regards to Internet Explorer users. Though I would still highly recommend using anything but Internet Explorer.

Cards now appear inline with the list:
Screen shot 2010-12-09 at 4.50.42 PM.jpg

The form has been updated slightly:
Screen shot 2010-12-09 at 4.51.48 PM.jpg

A link to view a user's pirates now appear on the member card:
Screen shot 2010-12-09 at 4.55.03 PM.jpg

There have also been other minor bugs fixes and changes.

If you have any problems or questions, just post in this thread.

Thanks,

Changes to the extra information field now also show up under Recent Activity.
Also, moderators and administrators now have the ability to moderate other user's Pirates.
I've also fixed a few bugs.

This is probably the last update to Pirate Profiles for the forseeable future. I'd like to add social features (liking, commenting) to them as well as a directory (list) of all of them when I get more time to work on them, hopefully early next year.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back