Suggestion Pirate Rename

Eyezik

Wanted Pirate
I know this topic has been asked many times before but most of the forum posts are outdated and old. So I am here reasking the question, is pirate rename in the works or is that a possibility in the future. WIth Pyp coming out does this affect the possibility of this feature at all?

I know there are plenty of pirates out there who would love a 1-time use rename for the high-level pirate that they named a long time ago and regret the name.

I'll be honest, though it's not really in my know as to the thoughts on an idea like this, I can't really see this being a feature that's looked into anytime soon, if at all. Though I do enjoy that it is a one-time thing, so people can't go about changing their name every couple months and confusing the daylights out of their friends list.

Yea, that's why I'm leaning towards the one-time thing, maybe unlocked after a certain notoriety level? Idk, but tbh you're right, Misha, I actually don't care that much in the long run.

I think 1 of the reasons for not adding name change is because of trolling if you have issues with the name delete pirate and start a new pirate the game gives us enough pirate slots to come up with many pirate names.

They could make a quest out of it, I don't really understand why this isn't an option yet because even toontown rewritten has this feature but I guess they have more mods in that game plus you can only change your name like every 6 months or every year.

The name changing is exactly what my friend wants to do because she wanted to change her pirates name to Reinbrew Pastel and still play with the same pirate. It would be nice for that to be a feature to sucessfully rename the pirate NOT just once but at anytime, these changes of course has to be moderated by the system for appropriate approval and must not contain any special characters (except for the - and .) I was thinking their original names will still be shown through the pirate profile to know exactly who they were after the change. They can revert back to their old name to rename themselves again. To really trouble these players from abusing it. Ye have to spend a whopping 200,000 gold if the new name is approved.

Last edited:
At least let me change my name once. I promise I won't ask again. :sad1:
Honestly, when I jumped into TLOPO (Played POTCO previously) I just didnt take it as seriously as I should have or realize that I would enjoy it and stick with it as long as I have. Now I plan to max this character and dont want to start with a new one.

It's not really hard to max a character can be done in a matter of a month if you really tried.. Not sure why you'd want a name change...

It's not really hard to max a character can be done in a matter of a month if you really tried.. Not sure why you'd want a name change...
What if you have a bunch of good items in your inventory that would take months if not years to get back?

Thanks Bootsy. I dont want to be a goldfish all my life. Maybe graduate to Guppy. :) Before the pandemic I only played a couple of hours a week. I play more now but I tend to stick with a primary character and enjoy it more once I've built it up.

Back