Pirates Forums 200k Posts Tag Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Redhorn

Site Founder
To celebrate this huge milestone for Pirates Forums community, let's play:

200k_header_by_irenekarotsi-daris9a.png

"Create a slogan, saying, appreciation note, or anything positive towards the Forums or the Forums members, using the words "200,000" and tag your friends (Forums members) with it."

RULES:
You are allowed to tag between 2-5 members only. You are only allowed to post again after 5 other posts after your post. You cannot tag the same members again. Every post has to tag different members, the same members can only be tagged again after 5 posts.

This game will last only for 1 (one) week, and thread will be closed on 12/28/16. The best posts will receive recognition, and the posts will be announced here on the Forums.

Thank you all for contributing to the forums, and enjoy!

3d72ea3f8e6887eeac852c959f696a05.png

In 6 years, the forums have grown so much. If someone who wasn't a part of this community asked me, "how has this community held together for so long and through so much?", I could answer in 2 words "the people." I am beyond thankful for being part of this community and all that holds us together. I'll see you all at 300k! ;)

@John Foulroberts @Katrina Firehawk @Davy Darkrage @katnypp @Stephen Teague

I've been here 6 years already? Boy, does time fly. To be perfectly honest, the forums have become an integral part of my life - there haven't been many days in 6 years where I haven't visited this site. You all make wonderful company and I'm so happy to see us all together once again, whether you are new or old to the Pirates community.

Here's to 200,000 wonderful posts.

:cheers:

@Kat Five Knives @Captain Star @Mike Wass @Drewski0199 @Kate Goldwalker

I came here in early June 2016. Just happened to stumble across these forums which coincided with my discovery of TLOPO. These forums have helped me meet new people, as well as helping me just have a lot of fun in general. I want to thank the people who helped me get situated here. The forums are a big reason of why this community has remained so united after these long 3/3.5 years. Here's to the next 200k posts!!

@Bobby Flat Foot @Byte Sized @Lordbacon @MMDR @PrivateRiley

Holy cow you all are making this hard for me to tag people!

Ok, ok... let me think....

For someone who was hesitant at first to join yet another forum, I soon found this place to be my home. As stated above, it's the people who have made this place what it is. Through the times with no game, we discovered that our community is a community even without the Caribbean to sail in. Now that we once again have that chance, I am hoping that this community makes the game a fun and exciting place to gather and goof off. The game can be an extension of the community rather than the forums be an extension of the game as it once was. Thanks for all the joy, fun, idiocy, craziness, insanity, frustrations and above all, the love from everyone here. You are my second family!

Happy 200,000 posts! Here is to 200,000 more!!
:cheers:

@deanaug @Captain Star @John Macbatten @Dread Poet Roberts @ElizaCreststeel

I echo many of the sentiments shared above. It's surreal to think how alive the community still is after all this time. Years since the official closure, we are once again able to play the game that formed such a strong bond between us all... and, incredibly, it's all thanks to the community itself. I appreciate everyone who has been a part of it, and it looks we have some good times ahead of us yet. May we stick together in the years to come. Happy holidays everyone!

@Bad @Johnny Mak @Meg Sailvane @Christopher Cannonskull @Punkin Pie

I'd like to say thanks to all of the wonderful staff members of the forums and the devs who put so much work into making this game a reality again. I have made many friend and met a lot of wonderful people in all the years that ive been playing and heres to hoping for more steady growth and for the life of this game. lets be around to see another 200k posts and 200,000 players too.
@Jane Sterncastle @Basil Darkratte @Solomon Warshot @Meg Sailvane

I've been with this forums for 6 years. During that time, I've met a lot of people and many of these people I hold dear to my heart.

In LIFE, you'll come across different people whom may not choose to do the same thing you choose to do. Those whom remain your true friends, understand whom you "arrrr" (and like you still, despite such differences). For such people, they continually go out of their way to greet you or ask you how you been. The line-of-communication to them is always open ;) regardless of the way the world does change (both within their world as well as your own).

As such, I would like to honor the following members for believing in me even at times when I didn't necessarily believe in myself. These people - my good friends - I will always cherish despite the 200,000 reasons I give them for wondering which barrel of RUM I recently took from (to quarantine it separately from the 'better' ones):
@Dreamcatcher @Irene @Mark Scurvyfox @Sarah Boothwright @Punkin Pie (Note: they are others as well but the max. limit is 5. *I hope to mention the rest of ye, the second time around)

Well let's see what Google says about the number 200,000:

Pokemon Go players have traveled 200k times around the earth...I was wondering who keeps making tracks in my back yard.
Repeal of the Affordable Care Act could cost California more than 200k jobs... Are there no more grapes to pick?
200k expected to protest Trump the day after inauguration... Only 200k?
Nintendo sells nearly 200k units of the NES Classic Edition Retro Console.... yeah those baby boomers are empty nesters now with cash to burn and time to waste. Time to relive that childhood.

These stories pale in comparison to the fact that PIRATESFORUMS.CO has over 200k POSTS!!
Main blabber mouths: @JadeOHayes, @Will Nightwolf, @John Foulroberts, @Captain Redhorn, @Bobby Flat Foot

I know a few people on the forums and joined hoping to connect with old friends. I read the post and realize that in this community there are many individuals I would like to know more, too many to tag all. Thank you all, staff, developers and community for all that you do!! Congratulations on the 200k messages and looking forward to 300k!
@Captain Redhorn @Johnny Sea Slasher @Irene @Bartholomew Bladespinner @Brittany

Before I tag, I should mention how much of an honor it is to be tagged in the very first post of such an important thread. Hopefully, this time around, the game will stay open for 200,000 days! (that's 547 years which is likely impossible but the rules were use the number 200,000 so)
Here's to two old friends from POTCO that posted on my wall not long ago: @Dewey Decimal @Jason O'martin

As one of the original members of the Forum, I too was hesitant to join, but this was where the Spania home was...my transition to the guild went very easy...And i soon figured out that this too was where i belonged...my new pirate home. Over the years i have met so many AMAZING people because of POTCO and the Forums, from so many different walks of life...its hard to believe that 6 years have passed since that point in time (since Davy had to reset my password twice in the first week...seriously).
We've faced hardships together, and overcome them. Real life has gotten folks down, and this has been their Safe Haven, and we have continued to beckon you and your friends with open boats! The face of the forums is ever changing, but as my Michigan partner in crime said, it's you
- The People - that make this place so memorable and worth keeping in our day to day activities. 200,000 is a testament of how enduring this community has been, people come and go, but here we are still soldiering on. We now have the start to a new version of the Caribbean, and i look forward to continuing this trip and filling up some memory banks with all of YOU!!!

Following the rules of this was totally brutal, and if you are not tagged, please believe its not my fault LOL...but these folks aren't random i can promise that much, over our many years together, they are some the most Loyal i've had the pleasure of associating myself with...Thank you all sooooo much :)

@Captain Star @Big Kab @Pretty Polly @Charlotte Bluevane @Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back