Pirates of the High Seas **REFUNDS**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary

Honorable Pirate
As many people know, I was the Lead Developer on Pirates of the High Seas. We took in $1,530.50 - exactly - worth of donations, but in the end we went bankrupt. I never wanted to take donations in case of what happened happening, but when everyone asked if they could donate I didn't figure it wouldn't be that much money. POTHS was not a scam by any means, and I care about all of you, even the ones who hate me, and that's fine. You guys did a lot for me. Now it's my turn to return the favor. I recently got a very well paying job, for my age, and I am offering refunds. I love the pirate community and I want to make things right. All refunds will be given out by the end of the year, hopefully, this is the first thing I'm doing with my new paycheck. Please fill out the form and all money will be returned via PayPal. I am sorry POTHS didn't work, but thank you for all the support.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sxyPamE8MoU1whodixuH_ull0ju1eL1Pl6sw8SUU5sc/viewform

Better late than never. You will without a doubt gain my respect back as I hear of people being refunded each day and I hope that every single one can see their donations are returned.

My main concern is that how can you @Zachary, know the people who donated and the amount of money they gave? How could you verify that a specific person is going to be refunded with the exact same amount of money he/she donated?

My main concern is that how can you @Zachary, know the people who donated and the amount of money they gave? How could you verify that a specific person is going to be refunded with the exact same amount of money he/she donated?

In the form, there is a box for the transaction ID, which only the donor and I have. Also, I can look up how much they donated via that ID code.

In the form, there is a box for the transaction ID, which only the donor and I have. Also, I can look up how much they donated via that ID code.
Good to hear. I thought you no longer had access to the database but since you do that should not be a problem.

A rare thing indeed. I tip my hat to you at such a Nobel intention, it kind is not often seen. Now to execute!

Good luck and keep posting your progress, it will silence your critics and bolster your supporters

Regards

A principle I try to live by is the notion that we treat others the way in which we would like to be treated ourselves.

"Thank you" Zachary :woot:for humbling yourself to take this initiative to honor those players whom had placed their own hope within the development of POTHS! (Such an effort is worthy of the attention it deserves as your intention is both selfless and empathetic towards the needs of other people whom you have never met). ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back