Pirates Online Rewritten Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
...If you loved POTCO then you'll try and play another remake when it comes out...
Just to be clear, I love POTCO - mate - but that doesn't necessarily mean (now) that I love DISNEY! :piratemickey:After what they did to POTCO, well...I hope that you can understand my entire concern.

Besides, taking Disney's word at face-value (without in turn verifying the legitimacy of that word) is like trusting them again but with a pair of "blind" eyes!

I don't know about everyone else, but I am sick-n-tired of being SOLD an idea or something from Disney to where the truth of their word is not entirely genuine. :rolleyes:

@Johnny da Pirate @Shamus The Brute

Lets see if I can answer everything that was brought up. First off, I want to ensure that the another remake staff care a lot about the community, that's the whole reason why we are volunteering our time. We want to bring our beloved game back as quickly as possible because we want to play this game with our friends again.

On to the "permission" email. We never questioned it because there was no reason to. It came from a trustworthy person, and no one ever pointed out any obvious flaws. The fact the email account no longer exists is a valid concern, but like you said, Disney has restructured DIMG. Its likely that Disney has once again downsized, and retired that customer service extension.

We know for a fact that Disney employes have always checked on the community. Disney's legal team would have had to heard about the project by now, and if they intended on out right stopping us, they would have by now. However, what we are doing is illegal. We are committing "Copyright Infringement" because we are redistributing their material. Fortunately we have permission to do so, so we are OK. But Disney does have the right to pull the plug on us at any time. They own the game. It doesn't matter if we aren't making money on it. "Free Use" would only mean the difference between us getting a "Take Down Notice" and us getting sued for millions of dollars. :)

If you have any other concerns, please ask.

But Disney does have the right to pull the plug on us at any time. They own the game. It doesn't matter if we aren't making money on it. "Free Use" would only mean the difference between us getting a "Take Down Notice" and us getting sued for millions of dollars. :)
I do appreciate this input, along with your honesty. ;) Also, I did not mean to sound so harsh when I gave mention to another remake's intentions related to the ex-POTCO community. However, the question needed to be asked and I appreciate you addressing it in a manner which was professional.

Below is just a suggestion:

• With so many teens and adults (and yes, 'children,' too) whom seek to "relive the legend" by playing another remake, would it serve another remake's best interest to provide a disclaimer according to the words you acknowledge above concerning another remake?
Unless I am mistaken, the majority of players within the community are assuming that another remake will never experience such a possible setback from Disney. ~ To be fair to the community as potential players, shouldn't such a disclaimer be available so that everyone is made aware that by playing another remake, they may play but they play at risk (according to how Disney may or may not respond at any given moment in time)?

Please, at least consider this idea for a disclaimer (as I feel strongly that to succeed in the future, one must learn from the mistakes of the past and the biggest 'sin' that Disney had committed was a failure to communicate openly to the player community outside of what was expressed within the legal jargon of DIMG/POTCO's terms of use/service).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering, was Disney informed about another remake, and you got the OK, or are you just going on the Free Use thing? It would be a shame to put in so much work, only to get a knock on the door a month into it.

It seems like a win-win for Disney, it adds to their Pirate Franchise without spending a penny, all they have to do is monitor it to ensure it meets "Disney standards". If you have stopped laughing at the term "Disney standards" yet, good luck in your efforts, I hope you don't see Men In Black at the door with papers in their hand.

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place to ask this question, but what is behind the lack of updates and coverage for another remake? I strayed away from forums and the official site for the better part of the month of July and it seems like not a whole lot has changed. So as a curious supporter of the game and tester, we're wondering if you're in a game grind to meet your announced release date or if there have been road blocks along the way. Get back to me when you guys get the chance, no rush! ;)

-Blade

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place to ask this question, but what is behind the lack of updates and coverage for another remake? I strayed away from forums and the official site for the better part of the month of July and it seems like not a whole lot has changed. So as a curious supporter of the game and tester, we're wondering if you're in a game grind to meet your announced release date or if there have been road blocks along the way. Get back to me when you guys get the chance, no rush! ;)

-Blade
Theyre saying that they are working on a massive update to the game. They say it should be released in the next week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back