Pirates Online Rewritten Isn't Canceled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closing was in NO way a ploy.
Since I was the one whom threw this term out there, I wanted to apologize to @Davy Darkrage, @Captain Star, and the ex-POTCO community for myself saying something (which I personally feel) publicly and on this particular forums. However, if you look closely at the rest of that sentence where this word was mentioned, you will notice also that I include a "...and/or permit another remake to understand better it's impact upon the community?"

Including this statement within the last part of the sentence does give another remake the benefit of the doubt, in my eyes, as I made an attempt to understand the reasoning behind the change of heart for another remake.

What really frustrates me (and this is my opinion; I have the right to say this), is that within Mr. O'Fury's statement...he explains that another remake developers and himself understood all along that the project was in full swing. This statement is contrary to what people have been told (along with the points made about the another remake forums status and initial 'recruiting' efforts) and so therefore when I logged onto to another remake forums to not address this matter but one in which I noticed a another remake forums "administrator" calling a ex-POTCO player an idiot, that another remake forums thread was locked as Tom included a bogus statement, all because I did not agree with a player being called such a name.

I regret now using the word "ploy" as another remake is sincerely holding this against myself/others but nevertheless, another remake will use this...unfortunately forgetting that my whole frustration revolves around the issue that some truth has (again) been withheld.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I was the one whom threw this term out there, I wanted to apologize to @Davy Darkrage, @Captain Star, and the ex-POTCO community for myself saying something (which I feel) publicly and on this particular forums. However, if you look closely at the rest of that sentence where this term had been mentioned, you will notice that I also include a "...and/or permit another remake to understand better it's impact upon the community?"

Including this statement within the last part of the sentence does give another remake the benefit of the doubt, in my eyes, as I made an attempt to understand the reasoning behind the change of heart for another remake.

I understood what you meant by that statement. However, others did not and then used your word and went far beyond what you intended.

My point is this....

The group decided to close. It can safely be assumed that not everyone in the group agreed with it.
The group discussed a lot of stuff after that, including the idea to continue despite all the drama, problems, obsticales.
The group decided to continue.
Jacob made that post.

There was time between all of it. It didnt all happen in one day.

My frustration....
All this drama. Unfortunately I do not ever see that our existence as another remake will ever be without the drama. I honestly believe that once the game is out, there will be more drama.

My wish....
For people to stop assuming things. Get facts straight before posting anything. Go to the source if something seems amiss. Never assume that what you've been told is the whole truth. Find out what IS the truth and then post. Any report made without all the facts is a false report.

I mean this with all due respect @Kate Goldwalker:

"Switching one's positional stance to the complete opposite, does not particularly help things." (Neither do statements which fully contradict prior ones).

Once again, I wish another remake luck and hopefully for the sake of the community TRUTH is all that the community will receive from this point further...

Well, you guys can believe me or not. I'm telling the truth from what I personally witnessed in these discussions. Have I ever given you or anyone else a reason to not believe me? I've never lied to anyone.

And quite honestly, right now I completely understand why Jacob was starting to buckle under the pressure of the POTCO community.

My heart is breaking. I'm starting to lose my desire to continue on this project. Maybe its better for me to just disappear from the community for a while.

I mean this with all due respect @Kate Goldwalker :

Switching one's positional stance to the complete opposite, does not particularly help things. Neither do statements which fully contradict prior ones.

*Once again, I wish another remake luck and hopefully for the sake of the community TRUTH is all that the community will receive from this point out.
Do you honestly believe that if I came out and said, "Hey, we're shutting down... because... well we feel like it?" Would have worked for the point intended? No. I had to come up with several "facts" to get the community off our back. To avoid you then over analyzing my post and trying to point out truths and lies in everything that I have to say. If you want the whole truth, and nothing but the truth than feel free to send me a message, because I will certainly give you the whole truth and nothing but the truth. You won't like what I tell you anyway.

I'm not going to put my entire life out online for all of those to see. Things change... doesn't matter how quickly things change or when they change but they change. For example my life changed the night I went to bed on last Tuesday and Wednesday morning when my wife told me she was pregnant.. that changed in just a few hours. So, I'm sorry but the world changes, and people change. Developers are people too. Especially developers doing something for free, and for an ungrateful and criticizing community.

Since I was the one whom threw this term out there, I wanted to apologize to @Davy Darkrage, @Captain Star, and the ex-POTCO community for myself saying something (which I personally feel) publicly and on this particular forums. However, if you look closely at the rest of that sentence where this word was mentioned, you will notice also that I include a "...and/or permit another remake to understand better it's impact upon the community?"

What really frustrates me (and this is my opinion; I have the right to say this), is that within Mr. O'Fury's statement...he explains that another remake developers and himself understood all along that the project was in full swing. This statement is contrary to what people have been told (along with the points made about the another remake forums status and initial 'recruiting' efforts) and so therefore when I logged onto to another remake forums to not address this matter but one in which I noticed a another remake forums "administrator" calling a ex-POTCO player an idiot, that another remake forums thread was locked as Tom included a bogus statement, all because I did not agree with a player being called such a name.

I regret now using the word "ploy" as another remake is sincerely holding this against myself/others but nevertheless, another remake will use this...unfortunately forgetting that my whole frustration revolves around the issue that some truth has (again) been withheld.
Can you provide a snippet of an "admin" calling a member a idiot?.. I feel like you go on the forums just to find things wrong to gossip about. So your basically making entires posts about one possible incident.

Also we have lives too... We have things at stake in real life.. We can't drop our entire lives and devote ourselves to this project, as much as I would like to.. You guys push push and push well you've pushed too far...

Can you provide a snippet of an "admin" calling a member a idiot?.. I feel like you go on the forums just to find things wrong to gossip about...

Attachments

• Gangstarr calling Charles an idiot.JPG
    Gangstarr calling Charles an idiot.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back