Request [Poll] Buff loot drops

Should loot drops be buffed?

• Total voters

Fortune Burnrose

Notorious Pirate
Due to the fact that most committed players have likely put hundreds of hours of looting into this game, and more often than not have very little to show for it, looting should be more rewarding. I know a lot of people may prefer the interminable repetitiveness of looting for the sake of authenticity or whatever, but Im quite bored of it. After playing this game fairly regularly for the past 2 years, I think it's fair to say that better loot drops would make the whole experience of looting more enjoyable.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get what you're saying. I am one of those who loots for hours and gets nothing. I don't think the legendary weapons should appear more often. That would defeat the "legendary title." Rather, I agree with other people in that skull chests should be more frequent. Also, I think bosses should never drop "no loot." Countless times I've been an Palifico and kill him by myself (which takes time) getting nothing. Sometimes that happens five kills in a row. Just my thoughts. I also think it's outrageous sometimes when skull chests only drop gold and Wallop Boots or something after waiting a long time for a skull chest to appear.

I get what you're saying. I am one of those who loots for hours and gets nothing. I don't think the legendary weapons should appear more often. That would defeat the "legendary title." Rather, I agree with other people in that skull chests should be more frequent. Also, I think bosses should never drop "no loot." Countless times I've been an Palifico and kill him by myself (which takes time) getting nothing. Sometimes that happens five kills in a row. Just my thoughts. I also think it's outrageous sometimes when skull chests only drop gold and Wallop Boots or something after waiting a long time for a skull chest to appear.
Yeah i completely agree with this. It is also my belief that tormenta random bosses should always drop skulls when they die because that'd be pretty neato.

Last edited:
As someone who has looted bosses for many hundreds upon hundreds of hours for very small return I'll just say that the system is all luck (I know, obvious). Persistence brings you to insanity before your target more often than not and there's a high number of looters who have, are, or will, "burn out" while some hooligan gets the prize in a loooong 4 hrs.... This is not healthy. A better system would combine luck with persistence and reward you with pieces, shards, whatever, that you could exchange for higher tier items if you've spent multiple hundred hours at a boss for naught.

Especially sand crab ones
I think @Fortune Burnrose has a little bit of a point here. It’s my opinion, based on observation, that random bosses give only the exact same loot that the enemies they occasionally replace give and I would like them to give loot that is in keeping with that of a permanent boss of the same level. There should be a little bit of a bonus for taking out a random boss, not 100% skulls but better than if it weren’t a boss.

I think there should be more skulls dropped at some enemies, but not increase the percentage in the actual loot drops

This is the only thing I think should happen. Killing a boss should feel more rewarding than farming random mobs and to me it doesn't. I know that certain bosses have special legendary drops and that is a great thing, but when you waste a bunch of time fighting a boss repeatedly to not even get a pouch drop it's rather disheartening.

I am not saying it should always drop a skull chest, but have a higher chance than regular mobs. I'm speaking from ignorance so correct me if this is a thing already, but it would be nice to have a comprehensive drop rate list released to the players so we know what our chances are regarding fighting bosses vs mobs or if there is even a difference.

From my time of playing Tlopo for 2 years now, I say loot is definitely fine where it is. Legendaries in the current state of the game are wildly more popular than they were before the Forsaken Shallows and the boss skull drop rate buff. They were nice enough to boost skulls for bosses and I am thankful for just that. It can be demoralizing to find commons in skull after skull but that's just how it is sometimes. Finding a legendary is a gamble that could pay off with high rewards or be a tedious task of hard work.

Due to the fact that most committed players have likely put hundreds of hours of looting into this game, and more often than not have very little to show for it, looting should be more rewarding. I know a lot of people may prefer the interminable repetitiveness of looting for the sake of authenticity or whatever, but Im quite bored of it. After playing this game fairly regularly for the past 2 years, I think it's fair to say that better loot drops would make the whole experience of looting more enjoyable.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What is your idea of better?

"Raven's cove hasn't even been out for two years yet and there are people who already have close to all 22 legendaries. Speaking generally, loot is already too easy to get."

I believe this contention speaks for hard core looters who play an inordinate amount of time and not to perhaps a larger majority who put in whatever amount of time they can having less time to play. The average player I doubt has 20% of legendaries as posted.
Matter of fact, this seems contradictory to the OP.

If I can only spend a couple of hours every other day, loot isn't easy to get, nor can I rack up any legendaries.

Back