Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Endeavour

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
R

rouhan123

If we're all on this site, it all means that we have some kind of love for the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. One thing that really hit me recently is that it is mainly based on Ghost Ships. Let me explain further:
  1. The Curse of the Black Pearl-Clearly the funniest, and also incorporated the ghost version of the Black Pearl. In the movie you can see that it has the typical specifications of the cliche ghost ship, e.g. Torn, black sails,dead crew, fast etc.
  2. Dead Man's Chest-This were are introduced to the Flying Dutchman. This is the ship that belongs to the lord of the sea, Davy Jones. This is super eerie and we know instantly that this ship is crewed by some dead fish person thing. Yeah. It's also a submarine.
  3. At Worlds End-Still the Flying Dutchman... We get to see it more clearly now, you can see all the underwater sea life living on the ship (Barnacles, Shells, Moss). You can even see it all on the cannon.
  4. On Stranger Tides-Now, we are introduced to a giant flamethrower, the Queen Anne's Revenge. This ship is incredible, like the skeletons under the bow, blood under the sails and is operated by a sword! Oh and the captain is 'Dead'
Now, Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is coming, and there has been another ghost ship confirmed. Oh, and comment what your favorite ship is. Mine? Queen Anne's Revenge. (You can tell by the profile picture)

Thanks for reading

I always thought the Flying Dutchman was a cool ship, considering how it has the ability to go underwater, plus a really cool design.

I wish it was a ship we could fight in POTCO :(
YEAH! That would be epic! Especially if there was a level 300 Davy Jones Boss Battle. That would be epic. Or Jolly Roger and Davy Jones fight you & others for some super-invasion... I would love to see this in TLOPO

I think it would be cool to take on the Kraken and one of the task would be to shoot its tentacles. This will keep it from crashing onto your ship or slapping.
Yeah. That would be really cool.

Mine is Queen Anne's Revenge because it's an all-around cool ship. Not to mention its captain has an epic name. "Blackbeard" sends shivers down my spine when I say it.

Mine is Queen Anne's Revenge because it's an all-around cool ship. Not to mention its captain has an epic name. "Blackbeard" sends shivers down my spine when I say it.
SAME. Don't forget that it's a giant flamethrower and has the power to speed up when the captain points the sword forward, power to do it's own rigging, when the captain 'strokes' the sword and I just LOVE the skulls outside of the captain's quarters.

The Flying Dutchman is littttttttt. It can't be sunk because IT IS PART OF THE SEA. The crew and Davy Jones can't drown and can freaking teleport while in the ocean. The triple guns though <3. I am so excited for Dead Man Tell No Tales. The "good guys" (or slightly better guys... well at least the guys we route for) have the Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, and the Queen Anne's Revenge. OP

However; the Flying Dutchman isn't supposed to be as cool as it is. It didn't have weapons till Davy Jones got mad at Calypso and tricked it out. I believe Will Turner is actually doing his job as well (ferrying souls that die at sea from this life to the next), so I don't know if we'll see it in that much action in the 5th movie.

boom movie critic status

The Flying Dutchman is littttttttt. It can't be sunk because IT IS PART OF THE SEA. The crew and Davy Jones can't drown and can freaking teleport while in the ocean. The triple guns though <3. I am so excited for Dead Man Tell No Tales. The "good guys" (or slightly better guys... well at least the guys we route for) have the Black Pearl, Flying Dutchman, and the Queen Anne's Revenge. OP

However; the Flying Dutchman isn't supposed to be as cool as it is. It didn't have weapons till Davy Jones got mad at Calypso and tricked it out. I believe Will Turner is actually doing his job as well (ferrying souls that die at sea from this life to the next), so I don't know if we'll see it in that much action in the 5th movie.

boom movie critic status

Did you know: Davy Jones is a fishface because he didn't do his job properly.

The Flying Dutchman is supposed to be an elegant ship that ferried ships from the material life to the afterlife, however became 'a fish ship' when Davy Jones started to misuse his power. That's why in the third movie when Will comes out of the water everything starts falling off and we can see more of the original Flying Dutchman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know: Davy Jones is a fishface because he didn't do his job properly.

The Flying Dutchman is supposed to be an elegant ship that ferried ships from the material life to the afterlife, however became 'a fish ship' when Davy Jones started to misuse his power. That's why in the third movie when Will comes out of the water everything starts falling off and we can see more of the original Flying Dutchman.

I
Yes that is was I was referring to when I said it isn't supposed to be as cool as it is. Davy Jones was in love with Calypso, and she promised to meet him after 10 years when he could come to shore. She lied and actually didn't show up. He became enraged and heartbroken, and as a result stopped tending to those who died at sea. After which she cursed him, his ship, and crew. But I wonder if Will Turner will use it to fight in the 5th movie. hmmm

Honestly, I gotta go with that Queen Anne's Revenge. That's my fav ship. It's just too cool aha

Yes. The Queen Anne's Revenge is the perfect ship. Did you know that the QAR is actually the Black Pearl with modifications on it? I guess that Disney got a little bit lazy, and decided not to build another ship.

Yes. The Queen Anne's Revenge is the perfect ship. Did you know that the QAR is actually the Black Pearl with modifications on it? I guess that Disney got a little bit lazy, and decided not to build another ship.

AYE I DIDNT KNOW THAT. so cool :hypno:

Sao Fang's ship's name is The Empress. Anyway, my favorite is the Endeavor. A massive multi-gun deck flagship!
How could you say no?

Back