POTCO Remake

• Yes.

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No.

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Optigreen

Honorable Pirate
Over the past few days, I have been on the pirate forums. I am not sure I am going to stay on the forums, or at least visit as frequently because to be honest it pains me to see what has happened to POTCO. I had lots of good friends and memories invested into POTCO, and even if they shut it down they can’t shut down the people who support it. It has inspired me in a way that if I had any chance to remake or host POTCO I would take it. Now I sound like some of the people that have been pondering on making the “New POTCO”. The only probably is we can sit around all day and talk about what we are going to do, but nothing happens until you actually start working. So, sadly without seeing much updates from the “New POTCO” team, I am not sure if the project even exists anymore. Also, I am very doubtful of the resources they have.
Now this being my opinion I could be proven completely wrong, and these could be mature adults or young adults finding their place in the world, by starting off as game developers. Sense I do not know many of the majoring details of the “New POTCO” I will try to keep to a topic I have some interests and knowledge about. Now, what can we suspect to see from Disney?
A POTCO themed APP! Now, this is a definite thing, as when the movie is released they will make some kind of APP. It might be very small or very big who really knows they might of pulled all the money out of POTCO to make a MMOAPP. ;) Doubtful, but it is almost for certain that they will make some kind of POTCO related APP.
So, now you can criticise me and say that I am unable to have any Intel on what Disney plans to do, but I will simply reply with that Disney doesn’t want us to hate them so it makes business sense to give us something in return for them taking everything away from us. Like not getting a cake but still getting presents. You would rather have the cake but the presents make up for it.
Myself I will never respect, or appreciate whatever they try to do to swindle us over to their side. I hope this has made you happy for the idea, for an APP coming out. Now they could just flip me off, and not do the rational thing, but I am doubtful.
Now that I have put up a lot of ideas out there without barely any hard facts, I wish to applaud any of those fighting to get POTCO back or make a new POTCO. You have my greatest gratitude and you are the people who keep me coming back to the forums. I am very grateful we had people in our community that had enough pride to stick up for what they believe in.
Thank you,
Sincerely, Optigreen.

POTCO isn't dying, it's dead. However the community is living, and not the almost dead giving up kind of living, but the will to survive in our creations, other games, and in the world.

POTCO isn't dying, it's dead. However the community is living, and not the almost dead giving up kind of living, but the will to survive in our creations, other games, and in the world.

Heh. I hate to assume this but, I think you only read the title, or are only replying to the title. :)Which really is pointless because you are judging everything on the books cover. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh. I hate to assume this but, I think you only read the title, or are only replying to the title. :)Which really is pointless because you are judging everything on the books cover. :D

No, I read the entire thing. I may have misunderstood you though.

Also I could have been strengthening/adding/summarizing your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright just wondering, just the way I made it sound probably made me think you were only talking about the title. Mainly because that was the only thing you pointed out.

i have no faith that they will reopen anything related to potoco they just banned people whenever they felt like it and it wasnt managed very well but if they do reopen it hopefully they manage it better

I hope rewritten has an option so other people can host servers. As I would host a server for players.

Guys we basically had it coming. POTCO was going to close anyways, but some of us didn't really expect it the way it came. We might have a way of bringing it back, but at this stage, it is only a thought and a dream, and maybe one day will turn into a reality. :)

Back