potco not as fun as it used to be?

do you get bored of potco too?

• Total voters
heres a story for u there once was a man by the name of captain hi he looked at his friends list and said wow... and the last people saw of captain hi that day was him vanish into thin air it was rumored that he was bored it was rumored.... yea well he was just bored then he came back on got a cool black shirt and the next day it was gone
OH MAN! that is SUCH a bummer! So sorry to hear this sad sad tale of woe! :'(

Igor like to add a thought that if it has been a long time since you quested for the older pirates lots of the quests were changed and stream lined over the last year!

Igor does kind of think that SvS and PvP is really for all the Mastered pirates, and Igor think that there is more to come mates!!

Hopefully!! i love the game but nothing new that has been able to make me want to play all day like before

I have to have certain 'momentum' in order to get in the Potco 'craze'. For instance, closer to May 20 I'd love it again (it's already May, but I'm not crazy about it yet). Also, if I have a good reason to be online, such as having an appointment with friends to do things together, whether that's leveling up, or weekly activities or just meeting up with Forums friends on the game, I'd make sure I'd be online. I also have certain friends that motivate me so much to level up that every time I see them, all I want to do is get down to business and kill-kill-kill or sink-sink-sink.

Other than those, I'm not that attached or routine like I used to be.

That poll should have a third option, something in between yes or no. Not everyone has a black & white answer. I can't answer that poll since I'm neither of the answers.

Pirates online it is fun to play i am a master pirate being at level 50 has it up's and down. i do my best to help the one's that are not masterd. As a master pirate ( PIRATES ONLINE NEEDS TO UPGRADE) to keep the masterd pirates going... BUT WHO AM I.....

It was more fun in the old days with all the glitches and stuff. :p

For me, it's not boring. All I do is loot, talk, and rank my Infamy. If you were a mastered pirate back before this whole expansion pack came out, all you could do is help other people or rank. There's so much more to do after you master today. Also, why not work on a second pirate? Sure, this game was more fun back in the day, but I would not say it's boring.

Reactions: Bad
to keep from being bored when your pirate is mastered you should be in a good guild with stuff going on all the time. maybe start over with a new pirate, but keep the old timers for when they up the level caps. the leveled pirates are good for helping others, svs, pvp and ranking. this last part doesn't really work for me cause no one in my guild ever needs help and as for the other part, well i'm a lover not a fighter. when potco is down and i can't get on i do spiral knights. it helps with the need to shoot stuff and kill things with a sword. maybe i'll see ya there some day. my little knights name is squeeker, but don't let that fool ya, he deadly.:confused:

If you build something that is so amazing that you can never build anything better than it what should you do. Tear it down and remake it all over again. When you master a pirate and have filled it with famed and legendary what do you do. Start from scratch. Make a noob pirate and master him/her one day at a time.

im a level 44 and bored to tears... finsihed all the darned weapons quests. all i do is talk to my best friend, svs, do pvp, and loot for the world eater and other weapons..... only reason im not quitting is bc if i do, ill get all sad and lonely and miss my best friend. lol. or with my luck, potco would make some new ship only available to people that never quit -_- and my friend would forget about me, delete me, all that stuff. so i just live with the bordeom, waiting for new releases and wondering why POTCO deleted both my mastered pirates randomly. :mad:

im a level 44 and bored to tears... finsihed all the darned weapons quests. all i do is talk to my best friend, svs, do pvp, and loot for the world eater and other weapons..... only reason im not quitting is bc if i do, ill get all sad and lonely and miss my best friend. lol. or with my luck, potco would make some new ship only available to people that never quit -_- and my friend would forget about me, delete me, all that stuff. so i just live with the bordeom, waiting for new releases and wondering why POTCO deleted both my mastered pirates randomly. :mad:

never quit that would mean alot of people wouldnt have that ship many people quit or went somewhere where they couldnt go on for a long time i think they should just have veteran rewards for those who have been playing before they changed the islands and everything

never quit that would mean alot of people wouldnt have that ship many people quit or went somewhere where they couldnt go on for a long time i think they should just have veteran rewards for those who have been playing before they changed the islands and everything

i never said they would have those, just with my luck they would

I have mastered 2 pirates and am well on my way to a third. A new pirate could be made, but I have become bored with the game. New adventures may very well not result in renewed interest as I have been feeling that there are more productive things I can do with my time. If it weren't for a few very dear, close, good friends I have made in the Caribbean, and a fun guild, I would have been out a while ago.

I have mastered 2 pirates and am well on my way to a third. A new pirate could be made, but I have become bored with the game. New adventures may very well not result in renewed interest as I have been feeling that there are more productive things I can do with my time. If it weren't for a few very dear, close, good friends I have made in the Caribbean, and a fun guild, I would have been out a while ago.

lol that where i am except i didnt master 2 pirates so right now im waiting on a new game would have been playing dcuo if sony didnt shut down soe

i love the game don't get me wrong but i did like the old maps and whatnot a little better....nowadays it just seems like potco is coming out with new updates every week it seems....all of the updates are cool and all i just feel that they come out with them too fast......i liked the old potco better because i had so many good times then....and now it does get a little boring at times.....

I just let my membership lapse for a second time (probably permanently this time). I'm a founder and played since beta. The game was awesome up until the Black Pearl fiasco (which I've posted about before). Once the Pearl quest finally went live and I beat in on my second attempt (all by myself I might add) I held out for months hoping for a new quest that was promised. I held out for longer than anyone on my friend's list. Finally had to quit because it wasn't worth paying for since I had maxed out on everything (before they raised the limits) and no one I knew was on anymore.

I came back when they sent out a free weekend promo (once you're on the Disney email list they never remove you :) ). I had fun playing for a while. Leveling up again, re-mastering weapons, invasions, etc. I really looked forward to the new Raven's quest when announced. Unfortunately completed the entire quest in two sittings. Now I'm right back to where I was after the Pearl quest. Everyone on my friend's list has dropped out again (I had several people come back when I told them how great the game was again). No quests on the horizon. Nothing to do.

When there are quests to do Pirates is one of the most fun games out there. When there are no quests to do it gets very, very boring very, very quickly. I was hoping with the release of the new movie that there would be a quest but since no one's posting about anything here I assume not.

Back