POTCO's October ~ We be "obsessed with it!"

On this Muertos Moon night, do yer bones still have a need to pick a fight with "Jolly Roger?"

• Aye!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Nay!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe; I figured though that I would at least "MOON" him!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

:trick or treat:
This be October 31st - "Halloween" - a significant day for POTCO pirates everywhere (it matters not which 'guild' ye be claimin' as yer own).
On this day, Jolly Roger's (undead) army:mummy: stood no chance against us (be not forgettin' that, me hearties)!

Thanks be to a rogue pirate named JINSAI, our memories of POTCO below be lastin' forever. ;) ~ Mind sharing yer own memories of POTCO in October?

:boo: Long live POTCO!!! (full credit given to 'Jinsai' for the following time capsules which arrrr treasured below).

:skullpeak::swashbuckler::skullpeak::fight::piratemickey:

Last edited by a moderator:
HAPPY Halloween mates; LONG LIVE PIRATES!! :happy halloween:

latest

I guess I am the dissenting voice on the moon, and methinks long winded one, but what else is new. I liked the event itself when it first began, it was pretty cool seeing your toon as undead, but the longer it went on, I did not like what it degenerated into at all. At some point in the last couple years, it had become roving packs of level 50s, that just wanted to kill anything that moved, and the lower the level the better. And AFK's. AFK's? Really brave there, Mr. 50 with anger management problems.

What really turned me off to it was, a lot of the mobs didn't merely kill them, there were large amounts of taunting, bullying, and name calling, as they went about on their little "Noob hunts", as I read some call it. Unfortunately, that was what the whole game was becoming in the last couple of years, hackers and bullies, it was just sad to watch. I thought about Walt when I watched these going on, and wondered how he would have felt about them, and I had no doubt he would have had them shut down the moment he saw one.

I usually avoided them, unless I wanted a screen, then I took it quick, and logged, and went on with my day. The real pain was when you were doing something on Tormenta or Ravens, you had to hope no pack would show up, which they more often than not did, and then you had to sail back. I just thought this would have made a much better quest than a "Shark smelling blood in water" event, because it had so much potential. There were just so many things Disney dropped the ball on in Potco, and to me, this be one of them.

Could only find two screens, but I am proud of my pre dying breath last words in the Dreamcatcher one. I might have been prouder had I said, "Iger blows", but life isn't perfect.
Undead Dreamcatcher.jpg

Undead Eve.jpg

Back