Idea Purchasable animations

New unique animations and emotes?

• Total voters

Darkslinger

Notorious Pirate
Suggestion for the future

Having the freedom to vary how your pirate looks within the game world through tattoos, different hairstyles and clothing as well as jewelry allows pirates to convey a small part of themselves in TLOPO.

However, being able to unlock and purchase unique animations for your pirate will only improve this customization system.

Some animations could be:
  • Walking and running animations
  • Weapon equip and unequip animations
  • Dancing animations
  • Wheel animations (eg: hold steering wheel with one hand with the other on the ship's wooden banister /railing)
  • Idle (standing while doing nothing) animations
Some animations could require certain feats to be achieved (similar to quests), eg: kill 250 undead enemies
All animations need to be purchased with Gold.

This could also be extended w/ new unlockable emotes. There could also be a forums event where pirates give their suggestions on what new animations/emotes they want next.

Suggestion for the future

Having the freedom to vary how your pirate looks within the game world through tattoos, different hairstyles and clothing as well as jewelry allows pirates to convey a small part of themselves in TLOPO.

However, being able to unlock and purchase unique animations for your pirate will only improve this customization system.

Some animations could be:
  • Walking and running animations
  • Weapon equip and unequip animations
  • Dancing animations
  • Wheel animations (eg: hold steering wheel with one hand with the other on the ship's wooden banister /railing)
  • Idle (standing while doing nothing) animations
Some animations could require certain feats to be achieved (similar to quests), eg: kill 250 undead enemies
All animations need to be purchased with Gold.

This could also be extended w/ new unlockable emotes. There could also be a forums event where pirates give their suggestions on what new animations/emotes they want next.

Even though tattoos/clothing/jewelry is already available i definitely agree on new animations/emotes.

The unique animations are a cool idea but I think we're still missing some basic emotes like 'sit' and 'sleep' . It would be nice if they were added , you know... for RP value .

Isn't this the same thing Bungie did with Destiny? Where they had emotes and animations available from a store for players to purchase with in game money?

I like this idea. I hope this becomes a thing, because it would add so much personality for Players. May be a bit of a pain to code, but I think it would be worth it.

Isn't this the same thing Bungie did with Destiny? Where they had emotes available from a store for players to purchase with in game money? I like that idea. I hope this becomes a thing. It would add so much personality for Players. May be a bit of a pain to code, but I think it would be worth it.
Honestly have no idea - but I would love to see more concepts and expansions slowly added into the game. At a certain point, there'll be nothing to do.

Some things annoy me like reused areas that are identical to each other (eg: Wicked Thicket and Wild Woods), the weird textures and horrid level design. Might be due to engine limitations - but the fact that actual developers made this extremely flawed game and charged people for it bothers me deeply. The only thing that lets me love and play it to this day is the nostalgic factor. If I were introduced to it today, I'd probably laugh at it.

After playing loads of other MMOs - I feel disappointed at POTCO.

P.S my above remarks aren't aimed at TLOPO devs or the remake itself - just POTCO.

Also, a theater can be added in Port Royal where you'll be able to learn animations upon purchasing them from the theaters actors. There can even be a special storyline dedicated to the Pirate Theater and its members who are clearly pirates trying to live the high-life in Port Royal.

The unique animations are a cool idea but I think we're still missing some basic emotes like 'sit' and 'sleep' . It would be nice if they were added , you know... for RP value .

I second this actually. Not that your idea is bad, its good. But I think lots of work needs to be done and more things and graphics and 3d models to be improved to even reach the point of having the leisure to make purchasable animations.

I second this actually. Not that your idea is bad, its good. But I think lots of work needs to be done and more things and graphics and 3d models to be improved to even reach the point of having the leisure to make purchasable animations.
Yeah, I agree. The game has to be in its best state before adding less important features such as this one. The team still has a long way to go.

Back