Suggestion Random bosses on Tormenta and Ravens cove should drop Loot Skulls.

Roger-Daniel

Pirate Lord
That's about it.

Edit: No its not
Currently they are by far one of the most annoying things about looting gold room. It's easy enough to show up to siege enemies and gather the loot but when a random boss shows up they prove to be a massive annoyance causing you to have to pull out your sword or gun to kill them for them to drop nothing. Then you have to wait for the enemy in that spot to spawn after separately before you continue killing the rest of the enemies with grenades. And then this kind of stuff happens.
screenshot_2019-06-08_23-49-20.jpg

At first it was cool seeing Drool and Dutchman's Witchdoctor and whatnot but it gets extremely annoying seeing the same 7 boss names cycle over and over in gold room just making it annoying. I'm sure anyone who's spent a notable amount of time in gold room knows this feeling. These bosses have become nothing but disturbances in the game to anyone who wants to loot, or level their grenades at gold room.

That all is just the negative, but giving them skulls would make these bosses more interesting and actually exciting to see and let me be happy at seeing these enemies rather than being annoyed. Im not asking for the skulls to be any better than any skull dropped by a boss or normal enemy. Im just asking for the devs to add another dimension to these bosses than being a nuisance.

Also recognize the fact that this post is only suggesting changing the loot drop rates of Ravens cove ghost enemies, and Tormenta Davy Jones crew enemies.

Last edited:
I totally disagree with that but I do think that they should drop loot that is appropriate for any other boss of their level and that goes for all random bosses, not just Menta and RC ones. At this point I'm pretty sure they drop loot exactly the same as the non-boss counterparts they replace which imo is wrong.

I totally disagree with that but I do think that they should drop loot that is appropriate for any other boss of their level and that goes for all random bosses, not just Menta and RC ones. At this point I'm pretty sure they drop loot exactly the same as the non-boss counterparts they replace which imo is wrong.
Given how rare they are I don't see too much of a problem. I thought this could really make you happy when you see a "mini" boss on Torm or Ravens rather than being annoyed or irritated

Given how rare they are I don't see too much of a problem. I thought this could really make you happy when you see a "mini" boss on Torm or Ravens rather than being annoyed or irritated
I don't know about Eric, but seeing a random boss anywhere never makes me annoyed or irritated.

I don't know about Eric, but seeing a random boss anywhere never makes me annoyed or irritated.
Yeah I can understand why. It is cool to find them sometimes. But it's a point I've seen brought up in the past before by a few people.

It is a little annoying when you are at Gold room or South idol using nades when a boss appears and disrupts the cycle of enemies dying and spawning and forces you to change to another weapon so you don't knock yourself out in the process.
Not only that but it makes it more difficult for lower levels to train their nades and other weapons in these areas since the bosses have much greater health than normal enemies.

There's certainly nothing wrong with bosses spawning in a random tunnel near the exit to Cursed Caverns. Normally i'd just walk past it, but it'd be kinda cool if I had a reason not to.

I'm never annoyed by the appearance of a random boss, I like them. I do agree that their loot should be buffed but not to the extent that you are suggesting.

...Not only that but it makes it more difficult for lower levels to train their nades and other weapons in these areas since the bosses have much greater health than normal enemies.

There's certainly nothing wrong with bosses spawning in a random tunnel near the exit to Cursed Caverns. Normally i'd just walk past it, but it'd be kinda cool if I had a reason not to.

For anyone whom plays TLOPO now but did not play POTCO, there was a legit (unspoken) rule that if you're low level...you simply do NOT go to Tormenta. Has such common knowledge now gone away?

I think/I feel that something becomes "lost" if original aspects of a game are changed. (In my own eyes, I am wondering why a remake itself should bend to match the wishes of those whom never played the original just for the sake of 'trend' or out of 'ease.' I am not claiming that everyone is new or feels this exact way. But alas, some people are and do).

For anyone whom plays TLOPO now but did not play POTCO, there was a legit (unspoken) rule that if you're low level...you simply do NOT go to Tormenta. Has such common knowledge now gone away?
I guess? but I don't think level 30's shouldn't be allowed to go to tormenta to train their staff and nades

Anyways that's besides the point

Last edited:
bump. This is getting super annoying.

They don’t have to always drop a skull, but there needs to be some kind of special reward for beating them. Currently all they do is make the game frustrating to play.
I absolutely agree that they should at the very least drop skulls at the rate of the permanent bosses and maybe higher would be ok with me. I also think it would spice up the game to have a random boss only legendary that has an interesting backstory that fits with the random bosses. Oh, and I find them interesting to see and fight at the low rate that they appear and I don't find it frustrating but you are right that they are tougher than the regular enemies that they replace and I agree that they should reward the player that defeats them in accordance with their difficulty and that since they are a unique group of enemies it makes sense that they have a unique weapon. Not only that but the concept of hunting for random bosses in a quest to find a unique legendary really appeals to me as it would drive you to go lots of different places within the game where you can find enough grouped enemies to produce a high rate of random bosses.

Last edited:
Back