Recent Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

While I wish we could move on in peace, I feel obligated to make further comment for clarity's sake.
This thread will not be open for discussion.

While you may associate a domain (ie: piratesforums.co) with a website, all a domain does is point to a server. During the domain switch over, the forums remained on the same server under my control. The .com was pointed at a different server, and the .co was pointed here. No content was stolen (not to mention I'm not sure who I'd steal it from?) and nothing illegal transpired in the move.

The only thing that changed was the address.

I'd also like to mention that under the terms and rules that were agreed to when joining this site, we are not legally obligated to remove accounts or content. We do not usually process account removals. However, I don't want anybody to feel we're holding them hostage in light of recent events, so we will remove accounts by request if an email from the account holder is sent to admin [at] pirates forums [dot] co.

I'll be the first to admit that the entire incident was handled poorly, and I apologize for that, that's nobody's fault but my own. All I can say is I'm only human and all I could do was try my best, even if it was not good enough in hindsight.

Anyone wanting more information is welcome to start a conversation with me.

Carry on, thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back