Roleplay rules in some guilds

Jack Cannonskull

Pirate Lord
Hi all I would like to bring to attention an issue that I am very confused about.

Some guilds such as Reds Army and Dark Archive have certain rules about roleplaying. These rules can be very confusing and I would just like to get clarification on if I have the right idea about them and if someone could please explain them to me.

First off If I am doing something wrong that is against my guilds rules I didn't know and would like to be notified so that I can stop rather than being kicked for saying it.

So first off Dark Archives rule says No participation in Guild Wars.

I don't understand what "Guild wars" is. I don't understand if it is talking about roleplay like when you are fighting a guild IN roleplay or if it means non roleplay like if you are not roleplaying and actual mean it.

My current understanding is that it is acceptable to fight other guilds (what I mean by fight is battle like I'm a pirate and I'm battling against them) as long is it is roleplay and both sides are roleplaying (meaning that the guild is roleplaying and so am I. If I am just roleplaying but the guild is not that is wrong.

Correct Example: If I fought the British Empire since they're a role play guild and they don't mind "roleplay" fighting me that's ok. Since I also roleplay not as a guild representative but as my own pirate not representing my guild that is ok?

Incorrect Example: I cant fight Reds Army because they aren't a roleplay guild, despite the fact that I am a role player (not representing my guild just on my own) it is not "ok" because they do not want to roleplay with me and they will take what I am saying seriously.

I still don't understand this issue right.

I'm going to tag a few people that might can explain if I have the right idea involving this idea.
@James Goldtimbers @andrew @Robert Darkrage @John Foulroberts @Kat Five Knives @Greyvicee
@Johnny Goldtimbers

Let me clarify that for you. Role playing is FINE. We do not have a rule against that. What we call "guild wars" is when you are mean to someone, look down on someone, or say negative things about people you don't even know, just because of the guild they are in. If you are treating someone differently, in a negative fashion just because of the guild they are in, that's against the Dark Archive rules.

Role playing for fun when everyone is aware that it's just for fun is completely different.

Let me clarify that for you. Role playing is FINE. We do not have a rule against that. What we call "guild wars" is when you are mean to someone, look down on someone, or say negative things about people you don't even know, just because of the guild they are in. If you are treating someone differently, in a negative fashion just because of the guild they are in, that's against the Dark Archive rules.

Role playing for fun when everyone is aware that it's just for fun is completely different.
Thank you Kat! I was very afraid someone was going to message me "You cant do this your getting banned."

I think "guild wars" is the name for a strange kind of drama guilds seem to undergo occasionally.

Just recently I watched a conversation between two people about how a third person was a "spy" for one guild, who thought they were a "spy" for their guild, but the first guild also thought they were double-crossing him. It was a very heated discussion, because supposedly these guilds had become "enemies" and didn't want people leaking information to and from.

I was pretty baffled by this discussion, as for one thing I didn't understand what information TLOPO guilds could possibly have that they want to keep secret. It's not like knowing who is in a certain guild or whatever is a secret or damaging if it's released. And secondly, I didn't understand how guilds could even become "enemies" to such extents.

Eventually it gets blown way out of proportion, and these people end up actually hating people just because of a guild name under their name. It's bizarre.

With all respect I feel that this should be changed to something more like
Hating on certain guilds rather than Guild Wars - Guilds wars sounds like how people make roleplay guilds to war or unite with one and other.
Like The Empire of Spain or The British Empire or The Dutch Empire or whatever,

A "guild war" can mean different things to different people. If they have "spys" that could be a form of role play. When we have someone in our guild claiming to be a "spy" we generally laugh about that. I mean really - what do we have to hide? lol. My post above is how we define a "guild war" but we realize that may not be other people's definition. Terminology aside, as long as our members understand the different between role playing and rude behavior, the terms should not matter.

Back