Sailing Sail Loot Significantly Reduced

StueGryffindor

Honorable Pirate
Just finished a mat run, 18 chests on a War Galleon:
screenshot_2018-03-03_00-11-58.jpg

All the loot is missing. Should have been several Royal Chests, at least one loot chest, and a few loot pouches also. The "invisible" loot that was replaced by mat chests went poof.

It you want more loot we now have to port right before hunters. Otherwise it becomes a material run and you lose the gold you acquired. This is the way it works now. :( whether we like it or not.

Last edited:
It you want more loot we now have to port right before hunters. Otherwise it becomes a material run and you lose the gold you acquired. This is the way it works now. :(

Why was the community not asked about their opinions regarding this?

TLOPO staff said they were "recreating POTCO just as it was" and yet they have taken basically all the ways away to make gold now.

They stole away trading bounty. And now we can't do a full run at sea without losing all of our loot. If I am going to stay out for a couple hours, I want to be rewarded. It makes *full on sense* to leave all loot in the hold just like it was in POTCO. It isn't a matter of you lose the loot. If I'm gonna stay out and keep sinking I want to get everything that I've earned out and about.

This change is RIDICULOUS. And I have a hard time believing I'm the only one.

TLOPO, I know it is one thing, but you keep making decisions like this I'm going to be one of those players that is considering leaving the game. It is not a change for the better

A lot of people are upset about it. I can only say maybe possibly let support know how you feels. Others have. I didn't do it lol but this is what happened. I have several friends who aren't playing right now because of it and a lot more who are doing very little sailing because of it. My biggest problem with it is the ability to earn much gold for upgrading ships, buying new clothes, adding ammo pouches to give more ammo, etc. The gold just isn't there like it use to be.

Last edited:
Emailed support. They said it was working properly before, but they're trying to clean it up.

Sailing is still a work in progress, so if you're troubled by the loot like I am currently, know that they're working on it.

"We're already actively fixing ship loot. It was correct earlier, but we
had to rewrite it due to some major bugs, and this caused some other
unforeseen problems to arise. We hope to have these problems resolved."

This is probably a result of them taking away the unlimited cargo glitch. Basically, you would be able to loot for hours and no matter what you got, you'd keep all your royal chests.

Yes they took that away. But what it did was it made it that you do not get any gold for what you worked for before the hunters come. So in order to get gold you have to just do a loot run and stop when hunters come. If you get full materials you don't get gold. But because you have to get the other ships before hunters will come why do we work for those things but don't get credit for them. So it really doesn't seem right to not get what we already worked for. Like I said before, maybe Disney never fixed it because they could see the problem this would cause. Just something to really think about.

The ones this really hurts are people making new characters. You need gold for so many things like pouches for ammo for weapons. The first pouch usually isn't that expensive but by the third one it is a lot of gold. Either lower the prices of things or give us a way to get the gold we need in a timely manner.

Last edited:
This is probably a result of them taking away the unlimited cargo glitch. Basically, you would be able to loot for hours and no matter what you got, you'd keep all your royal chests.

Correct, even if you loot for hours you still get to keep all the loot that you earn.

My point being, this is not a glitch so please don't call it one. In fact, it is the norm in the game and has been since the very first inception of looting in the game...even before hunters, we'd still keep both cargo and loot chests/pouches, and then materials worked the same way. You sink it, you keep it. The only time you don't get loot is when there is no room in the hold and a lesser cargo is all the sunk ship has to offer (ie if you have a hold full with minimum treasure chests and sink a ship that only has cargo crates, you loot nothing since cargo crates have a lesser value than chests).

However, the loot itself was correct before and by my understanding is set to return. You need both materials and gold for ship upgrades and it already takes well long enough to upgrade as is, hence we should be able to loot both gold and materials, not just one or the other. In addition, as mentioned above by others, if we sink the ship, we earn the cargo looted. There is no sense in taking it away just because we continued to sink other ships.

This is exactly why it was that way in POTCO and here in TLOPO until recently. As I mentioned, I emailed them, they are aware and even pointed out that it was not a bug before. From all I read in their reply, they plan to revert but are trying to take out a mass of bugs in the sailing loot that were causing issues.

I like the new loot system. The only thing that bothers me about it is the way you can get all the loot by boarding a ship that is full and ready to port, that needs to be fixed, it encourages misdeeds by some.

I like the new loot system. The only thing that bothers me about it is the way you can get all the loot by boarding a ship that is full and ready to port, that needs to be fixed, it encourages misdeeds by some.

Eric, what level are you on the game and how many upgraded ships do you already have. Those of us with low level characters are having trouble getting enough money to do a lot of things now. Not just upgrading ships. It wasn't easy getting gold before, we had to work for it but now it takes forever just to get gold for ammo pouches and other things. When you do a quest and it says bribe someone for 500 gold sometimes that can be the amount of gold you get from two outings on a ship for a low level character. So you can spend a good bit of time on a ship to get that 500 gold just to have to throw it away on a bribe. Now do you have some understanding of what low levels are going through?

Eric, what level are you on the game and how many upgraded ships do you already have. Those of us with low level characters are having trouble getting enough money to do a lot of things now. Not just upgrading ships. It wasn't easy getting gold before, we had to work for it but now it takes forever just to get gold for ammo pouches and other things. When you do a quest and it says bribe someone for 500 gold sometimes that can be the amount of gold you get from two outings on a ship for a low level character. So you can spend a good bit of time on a ship to get that 500 gold just to have to throw it away on a bribe. Now do you have some understanding of what low levels are going through?
As you no doubt guessed I play with a lvl 50 pirate and have 3 fully upgraded ships. That said, getting gold is easy at any lvl in this game. Fishing pays well and now looting also pays quite well too, you also can get gold from poker if you know what you're doing or have a friend that would be willing to give you gold. You don't need 44k gold (my record under the old system) per run to quickly get the 300k gold maximum. I can get very close to the 44k gold standard in the same amount of time fishing now as I could sailing under the old system.

As you no doubt guessed I play with a lvl 50 pirate and have 3 fully upgraded ships. That said, getting gold is easy at any lvl in this game. Fishing pays well and now looting also pays quite well too, you also can get gold from poker if you know what you're doing or have a friend that would be willing to give you gold. You don't need 44k gold (my record under the old system) per run to quickly get the 300k gold maximum. I can get very close to the 44k gold standard in the same amount of time fishing now as I could sailing under the old system.
I agree gold really is not that hard to obtain. But why should we not be able to earn the same amount of gold sailing as we can earn fishing or looting? Some people prefer sailing to anything else. It is only fair in my opinion that you can earn gold about as quickly sailing as by other methods. Clearly our opinions can and will differ. I just thought it would be nice for you to explain your point of view.

Back