Sailing Sail Loot Significantly Reduced

I agree gold really is not that hard to obtain. But why should we not be able to earn the same amount of gold sailing as we can earn fishing or looting? Some people prefer sailing to anything else. It is only fair in my opinion that you can earn gold about as quickly sailing as by other methods. Clearly our opinions can and will differ. I just thought it would be nice for you to explain your point of view.
I think you can still get fair amounts of gold from sailing by porting at just the right time when your royal chests are at a maximum. My personal game is for loot not gold or mats but you can get all those things sailing if you are savvy. To me I've always looked at fishing as the best way to get gold. Of course sailing is the main focus of my game and it will continue to be so even as I get all the items that can be had sailing. I plan to be on the leaderboards and do SvS as looting fades as a thing.

I feel there has to be a balance. While it does stink to have really cruddy loot totals (I mean...full hold in a Galleon and less than 300 gold worth of stuff?), the other side would be "Oh, I've been playing for a week and I have maxed out my gold. What now?"

There has to be enough loot to make it worthwhile without making it too easy. Too easy leads to boredom just as much as too hard leads to frustration.

It was in my quest for a dagger
Thanks. I remember the 10g bribe in the Gordon Greer quest, but didn't remember it for the daggers. Unless it's for an upgraded dagger? (Which would explain a lot...haven't done any of the upgrade quests except for the pistol)

I think that what many people have failed to understand is that in the old system you went after loot or mats and gold always was just a byproduct of those endeavors. Now, with the new system, you need to go on a gold run specifically if you want large amounts of gold.

I'm really shocked at how many Skull chests I've gotten lately that contains a few odds and NO Gold at all ..... Never seen a Skull w/o any gold til lately !
With a gold run you will want to port the moment the last loot pouch is replaced. You should also not hit any hunters or sotl. The idea is to maximize royal chests in the shortest time possible.

I feel there has to be a balance. While it does stink to have really cruddy loot totals (I mean...full hold in a Galleon and less than 300 gold worth of stuff?), the other side would be "Oh, I've been playing for a week and I have maxed out my gold. What now?"

There has to be enough loot to make it worthwhile without making it too easy. Too easy leads to boredom just as much as too hard leads to frustration.

Isn't that the way it always was though? Even when full loot was given, I don't recall ever making more than 6-7K on a full trip, with a crew, and 28 cargo. Sailing is actually one of those things I feel was always pretty well balanced on the work-reward scale. You get some materials and some gold. Still have to do a lot of sailing to amp both of those numbers up, but that is the point.

It's precisely the reason I desire that it go back to how it was and always has been; as well as the case that I firmly believe in the "you sink it, you earn it" and losing loot you earned by sinking a ship just because you sink another ship doesn't make any sense.

I firmly believe in the "you sink it, you earn it" and losing loot you earned by sinking a ship just because you sink another ship doesn't make any sense.

The issue I take with this is: Your ship only has so many slots. I feel that if loot is to be replaced, the captain should have the choice of what he throws overboard (get rid of the loot pouch to fit another royal chest, etc.), but the number of spaces a ship has should remain a hard cap. Otherwise, aside from feeling like I want one for a specific reason, why would I need to bother with the larger ships if I can just kill everything and keep it all by using my mid-sized galleon?

The issue I take with this is: Your ship only has so many slots. I feel that if loot is to be replaced, the captain should have the choice of what he throws overboard (get rid of the loot pouch to fit another royal chest, etc.), but the number of spaces a ship has should remain a hard cap. Otherwise, aside from feeling like I want one for a specific reason, why would I need to bother with the larger ships if I can just kill everything and keep it all by using my mid-sized galleon?

The reason that I find your argument invalid is that there is no ability to sink ships for materials immediately. You have to fill those "slots" and only then can you sink for materials. And if you wish to get materials, you fill those slots exactly twice. Once with cargo, once with materials and chests.

For this exact reason, it is my firm belief that for each slot you should be able to port and receive one cargo/loot and one material. Besides this, the game states in its mission that the goal was to bring back the game as Disney's POTCO was. Disney had the loot system the way it was, where you port and got cargo and mats. It should stay the same here.

The reason that I find your argument invalid is that there is no ability to sink ships for materials immediately. You have to fill those "slots" and only then can you sink for materials. And if you wish to get materials, you fill those slots exactly twice. Once with cargo, once with materials and chests.

For this exact reason, it is my firm belief that for each slot you should be able to port and receive one cargo/loot and one material. Besides this, the game states in its mission that the goal was to bring back the game as Disney's POTCO was. Disney had the loot system the way it was, where you port and got cargo and mats. It should stay the same here.

Apologies, I apparently read it wrong. Instead of Loot+Mats, I was reading it that people were wanting to stay out forever and just keep getting loot from ships, thereby bypassing the cap on the loot spaces.

It's not so much that we stay out forever, it's that getting materials shouldn't mean we don't get any of the cargo we got the first time around.

I mentioned in a prior post that ship upgrades cost gold and materials. Then we go on sail runs and must loot cargo for both gold and materials. To do all that then get rewarded with only one of the two is basically theft in my mind.

Why was the community not asked about their opinions regarding this?

TLOPO staff said they were "recreating POTCO just as it was" and yet they have taken basically all the ways away to make gold now.

They stole away trading bounty. And now we can't do a full run at sea without losing all of our loot. If I am going to stay out for a couple hours, I want to be rewarded. It makes *full on sense* to leave all loot in the hold just like it was in POTCO. It isn't a matter of you lose the loot. If I'm gonna stay out and keep sinking I want to get everything that I've earned out and about.

This change is RIDICULOUS. And I have a hard time believing I'm the only one.
Trading bounty was a form of exploiting which is why it was removed by the way.

Trading bounty was a form of exploiting which is why it was removed by the way.
Then if this is true, we should be able to start out just getting materials or loot, whichever we choose. We shouldn't have to get all the loot just to lose it to get materials.

Can we just lock this thread? This is getting nowhere. All it is is people complaining as per usual.

Back