Suggestion [Sailing] Captain's comment when he opens his ship to the public

What do you think?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred Anderson

Forum Mod
So sometimes we want to join other players' ship for a reason whether for mat/gold run, quests, QAR, or fleet. Sometimes, the captain has their own mind of what he is going for. There should be a comment section when their ship goes public on the boarding menu and the captain can display mat run, quests, QAR, or fleet in either by selecting text or typing out themselves.

Edit: Re-worded

Last edited:
What if the captain could set the target of their run (Materials, gold, treasure fleets, qar) and this value would be visible to everyone at the dinghy boarding menu

It's not the captain's job to take requests. He/she is already out there for a reason. If I don't like what kind of run they are doing I'm the one that should move to a different ship.
That's why this suggest is easier for players to know what the captain has in mind before boarding the ship and wasting time for the captain and yourself.

I suggested this in a comment a few days ago!

The way I put it was there should be a section to type in a comment in the ship's open to boarding window. This would be seen in the dinghy. So little as 15 characters would do the trick, captains could write anything from "mat run", "warship only", "hunters only", "gold run", "questing" etc to "taking requests", "rep run" (thanks Peter!) and "akfnfifnheof".

Last edited:
I suggested this in a comment a few days ago!

The way I put it was there should be a section to type in a comment in the ship's open to boarding window. This would be seen in the dinghy. So little as 15 characters would do the trick, captains could write anything from "mat run", "warship only", "hunters only", "gold run", "questing" etc to "taking requests".
Don't forget rep run!

I had this same idea but was too lazy to ever post it. I think this is an excellent idea and would be a good way to clarify what you're doing.

Any pirate is free to sail their own ship and hunt for whatever they please.
If you board another player's ship, they are under no obligation to take any requests from anyone else on the ship if they so chose.
If you don't like it, simply leave the ship, freeing up space for those that can handle it.
Savor it!

If you board another player's ship, they are under no obligation to take any requests from anyone else on the ship if they so chose.
If you don't like it, simply leave the ship, freeing up space for those that can handle it.
Savor it!

Well that's kind of the point of this thread. It's an idea that lets people know what the CAPTAIN wants to do.

Savor it!
Get the water out of your ear mate. Your ship sunk too much, you are not reading the thread and posting blindly. The whole point of this thread is so that players understand what the captain has in mind before boarding the ship. Some captains will take requests when they public their ship. Others won't, and thats fine. The captain isn't getting forced to do anything. Their ship, their call. It just would be easier knowing what the captain wants to plunder so no one has to request anything.

Last edited:
Get the water out of your ear mate. Your ship sunk too much, you are not reading the thread and posting blindly. The whole point of this thread is so that players understand what the captain has in mind before boarding the ship. Some captains will take requests when they public their ship. Others won't, and thats fine. The captain isn't getting forced to do anything. Their ship, their call. It just would be easier knowing what the captain wants to plunder so no one has to request anything.
I understood the thread quite well, better than you realize, so no need for the whining and petty insults.
Do you have someone at home who chews your food for you and spits it into your mouth as well, or just wish you did?
The captain opens his or her ship to public, letting any intelligent pirate know, he in tends to plunder!
That's all the notice any intelligent, willing pirate needs.
End of story and The End

I understood the thread quite well, better than you realize, so no need for the whining and petty insults.
Do you have someone at home who chews your food for you and spits it into your mouth as well, or just wish you did?
The captain opens his or her ship to public, letting any intelligent pirate know, he in tends to plunder!
End of story and The End
Again, we understand that captains are going to plundering but giving a more specific detail of what their going for is less timing consuming. It would get annoying if 20 pirates hopping on and leaving the ship and asking "what is kind of run is this?" You can be the judge of that, because I know I hate repeating myself after a couple times and there are some out there that do too. That way, they would get the players that are actually willing to stay before entering the ship since they already know what type of run it is.

Last edited:
End of story and The End
No one is whining and the petty insult was to tease you;). I just trying to get the eye-patches off your eyes since you aren't seeing the words I wrote.

Last edited:
This would make it much easier on the captain when sailing/battling an enemy ship.

You wouldn't have to worry about answering the questions from new pirates on board while trying to concentrate and sink ships.

Plus you would know your crew joined to specifically help towards what ever your sailing purpose is.

Back