Sailing Sailing Loot

Sven Swordsman

Swashbuckler
Hi, I would like to point out that the gold you get from sailing is really low. I was on my friends galleon with 27 cargo and only got close to 2k gold. Is this a bug or what? Are the devs working on this? Please I would like to know.

Hi, I would like to point out that the gold you get from sailing is really low. I was on my friends galleon with 27 cargo and only got close to 2k gold. Is this a bug or what? Are the devs working on this? Please I would like to know.
Actually, the devs are finished working on it, which is why it's so low?

Mr. Landlubber. Welcome.
Not too long ago the sailing loot was extremely generous and considered a glitch so the devs fixed the generous loot and although it looks a lot like they went to the opposite extreme, it is said that the loot is now closer to the original potco game. This fix looks to be on the permanent side for now.

But nothing is set in stone with a beta.
Good luck sailing. You'll get used to it.

Let royal chests replace the loot pouches, it helps gold some. I'm still not getting 6K like I was on POTCO (by the way, that was normal on POTCO, Devs), but 3-4 should be doable. We kinda have to get lucky with cargo type. RCs give gold. Pouches won't help in that department

I typically get 3.8k gold on a run now, before the fix it was 18k. I don't have a problem with that. There is something else that is a bug and needs to be fixed: when you port you rarely, if ever, get the items that you earned and show in your hold. Most of the time I get one less skull than shows in my hold but sometimes I get a goose egg, I don't track other containers. Another thing, maybe not a bug but annoying, is that the items you get are too variable, if I port with 7 skulls I often don't even get a rare but other times I might port with 2 skulls and get 3 famed.

In potco I remember trips where I took home 8K gold.

I think the way they have it working right now is you take home mats/loot chests and the gear that those replaced. So say you started hunters with 27 cargo, including 2 skull chests and 4 loot chests. Those 6 containers can't be replaced by mat chests. The other 21 you'll get paired up with the mat chests. By the end of the run, these are usually just royal chests and loot pouches I believe.

Unless I'm mistaken, the ranking order of loot is:
-skull chests (I know this for good because once I sunk a warship for last cargo, it gave skull instead of rare material)
-loot chest
-rare material
-material
-royal chest
-loot pouch
-treasure chest
-cargo crate

When you get a full hold, any loot that is higher on this scale will replace anything below it. I'm not positive, but I think in POTCO, they put everything but skull chest BELOW the loot, especially materials. Point being that instead of getting a lot of loot, we got to keep the royal chests and treasure chests and even cargo crates-which give gold-before keeping loot. Crates may have been the one out; I do remember getting loot there, but the basis of my claim is that POTCO gave more emphasis to gold on sailing runs, whereas TLOPO they put loot first. In order to get gold here, we have to get lucky and have a fair amount of gold in the loot, or have royal chests replacing the loot pouches while we're hunting.

It is nothing like potco was.
Huh? Which part specifically? If you're referring to the ordering of container roll-off by priority, that does in fact follow POTCO.

In the absence of any community input on details of the intermittent loss of loot container(s), some debug is underway to try to find the root cause. This could be an iterative process, since as far as we know it only/mainly happens in busy districts on prod.

Huh? Which part specifically? If you're referring to the ordering of container roll-off by priority, that does in fact follow POTCO.

In the absence of any community input on details of the intermittent loss of loot container(s), some debug is underway to try to find the root cause. This could be an iterative process, since as far as we know it only/mainly happens in busy districts on prod.
It does happen on all servers but is more pronounced on busy servers.

It does happen on all servers but is more pronounced on busy servers.
Thank you, good to know! Any rough idea of how often the issue occurs, whether it mostly affects some or all of the containers you were supposed to get, etc? Any extra clues could be helpful. Thank you!!

Side note: Not sure if everyone knows this, but loot pouches which contain ONLY gold are not displayed in the loot panel. They are accumulated into the gold amount displayed on the upper right, and the gold is automatically awarded when you port.

Thank you, good to know! Any rough idea of how often the issue occurs, whether it mostly affects some or all of the containers you were supposed to get, etc? Any extra clues could be helpful. Thank you!!

Side note: Not sure if everyone knows this, but loot pouches which contain ONLY gold are not displayed in the loot panel. They are accumulated into the gold amount displayed on the upper right, and the gold is automatically awarded when you port.
I only look at skulls closely and on average I'd say I get one less than what shows in my hold but occasionally get none or all or any other amount . I've got nothing when porting on Abassa with 5 skulls. It definitely also affects loot chests, I recently ported with 5 skulls and more chests but only got 1 skull and 0 chests. My suspicion is that chests are affected identically to skulls.

I only look at skulls closely and on average I'd say I get one less than what shows in my hold but occasionally get none or all or any other amount . I've got nothing when porting on Abassa with 5 skulls. It definitely also affects loot chests, I recently ported with 5 skulls and more chests but only got 1 skull and 0 chests. My suspicion is that chests are affected identically to skulls.
Agreed on both skulls and chests being affected; hopefully the truth will be revealed soon. :)

I'm guessing a god start would be to sail on Abassa and then see what actually comes out in loot, gold, etc. Loot chests and skulls notoriously vanish lately when porting, leaving little reward for the effort. This might help in understanding what's not working here.

I'm guessing a god start would be to sail on Abassa and then see what actually comes out in loot, gold, etc. Loot chests and skulls notoriously vanish lately when porting, leaving little reward for the effort. This might help in understanding what's not working here.
Good guess, that is the plan.

Back