Sapphire Curse in a Loot Chest

SquilliamFancyson

Swashbuckler
So I found the sapphire curse in a loot chest, but this dude Lord Samuel Harrington keeps going on and on on how it's crap and I had it the entire time. I took a snapchat of it but since i cant upload vids, here's the screenshot.
Can one of the devs chime in and say that's it's possible to get a legendary in loot chests? just to shut that guy up?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    849.9 KB · Views: 358
Yeah, you can get legendaries from loot chests. If the person in particular wants proof direct them to the actual source code of POTCO here. My explanation of the looting code is here, I explain the details on the "Loot Chances" sheet. In particular the "__itemRarityRate" dictionary on lines 175-178 of the source file DropGlobals.py above or my explanation of those lines on row 23 of my spreadsheet show it clearly.

0.001% chance not taking into account all of the other variables that go into it. RNG was on your side.
upload_2018-10-25_21-54-39.png

Keep in mind that TLOPO could have tweaked these values slightly as these are from POTCO.

EDIT: forgot that percentages total to 100 not 1 high iq, added a disclaimer/clarification

Last edited:
Yeah, you can get legendaries from loot chests. If the person in particular wants proof direct them to the actual source code of POTCO here. My explanation of the looting code is here, I explain the details on the "Loot Chances" sheet. In particular the "__itemRarityRate" dictionary on lines 175-178 of the source file DropGlobals.py above or my explanation of those lines on row 23 of my spreadsheet show it clearly.

0.00001% chance + all of the other variables that go into it. RNG was on your side.
View attachment 110299
That’s actually a .001% chance. You have to convert the decimal to a percentage by multiplying it by 100.

So I found the sapphire curse in a loot chest, but this dude Lord Samuel Harrington keeps going on and on on how it's crap and I had it the entire time. I took a snapchat of it but since i cant upload vids, here's the screenshot.
Can one of the devs chime in and say that's it's possible to get a legendary in loot chests? just to shut that guy up?
Buy a lottery ticket.

For the original poster:

It is indeed possible, my first legendary was the World Eater from a Loot Chest that wasn't from a boss. It can happen, just very rare.

Congrats on Sapphire by the way!

0.001% chance not taking into account all of the other variables that go into it. RNG was on your side.
View attachment 110299
Keep in mind that TLOPO could have tweaked these values slightly as these are from POTCO.

EDIT: forgot that percentages total to 100 not 1 high iq, added a disclaimer/clarification
Which is why I check every single chest no matter what. I may blow off pouches, unless I need meds, but not chests.

Back