Question Sea Charts and Globes

C

Crashalot

I noticed my ram was working with the new update while on cannons, but not my sea charts or globe when sailing.
Will this aspect be added soon as well?
Are rams working for skippers?

Wow, I thought everything was working but I only actually tried my Steel Ram on cannon, which worked well. I've got to sail tonight and test out the other stuff!

Wow, I thought everything was working but I only actually tried my Steel Ram on cannon, which worked well. I've got to sail tonight and test out the other stuff!
Yes, rams are awesome while on cannons, thanks devs!
But sea charts and globes have no effect. I've got some charts and globes that would theoretically boost my speed by 60%, increase my turning angle, extend full sail, etc. Can't wait for them, lol!

A little birdie told me the "Navigation" portion of those nav tools (globes, charts) works for faster recharge on full sail, come about, and ramming speed. But sounds like the actual boost parts of those is not having the expected effect?

Can someone confirm this is the case? Thanks!!

A little birdie told me the "Navigation" portion of those nav tools (globes, charts) works for faster recharge on full sail, come about, and ramming speed. But sounds like the actual boost parts of those is not having the expected effect?

Can someone confirm this is the case? Thanks!!
Yes, it appears ramming and full sail are working on the sea charts and globes, but not tacking and windcatcher boosts.

Welp, looks like sea charts and globes still aren't working. No full sail boost, recharge, windcatcher or ramming boost.
Rams seem to be working tho, except even with them, I can't always one-shot a Colossus now. So weird.

Yes, rams are awesome while on cannons, thanks devs!
But sea charts and globes have no effect. I've got some charts and globes that would theoretically boost my speed by 60%, increase my turning angle, extend full sail, etc. Can't wait for them, lol!
Do these sail items only work on your own ship while captain, or do they also help when you go on a public ship?
And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could equip two (2) sail items? Of course mine would be treasure sense and a good ram.

Do these sail items only work on your own ship while captain, or do they also help when you go on a public ship?
And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could equip two (2) sail items? Of course mine would be treasure sense and a good ram.
Ram should work with you sailing or on cannons. The sea charts and globes only work when sailing.
And yes, it would be awesome to have 2 sail items!

Ram should work with you sailing or on cannons. The sea charts and globes only work when sailing.
And yes, it would be awesome to have 2 sail items!
Thanks, but should? We don't know for sure, even from potco days?
I just thought of a great exploit for sail items. Jump on a ship, equip ram, go until that captain is going to port then switch to treasure sense just before porting. lol. That should never be allowed unless we have two spots.

But alas, this thread is about sea charts and globes, and sadly, they are not yet active.
The chart should give me 2 more points in overall speed (a 40% increase, based on math...) and a 3 point boost (60%, as far as math flies) in turning radius, as well as faster recharge of full sail and ramming speed.
But it isn't working yet.
However, we have safely and successfully concluded that rams do indeed work in the game now, for captains and gunners.
screenshot_2018-08-18_20-10-37.jpg

Remember I said dense? lol. Now, a related but dumb question sort of.
I'm on my own ship, and jump down to man my own cannon. Am I getting a boost personally at that cannon and not just giving the ship the boost? I'm not even sure why I'm asking this. I guess, if I'm not a captain, does the ram work alone on the pirate?
Jeez, now I'm so confused.
Hmmm. If I'm leveling cannons, does that ram help me level personally, or is all the benefit going to the capt of the ship?

Well that was all clear as mud. Sorry.

Remember I said dense? lol. Now, a related but dumb question sort of.
I'm on my own ship, and jump down to man my own cannon. Am I getting a boost personally at that cannon and not just giving the ship the boost? I'm not even sure why I'm asking this. I guess, if I'm not a captain, does the ram work alone on the pirate?
Jeez, now I'm so confused.
Hmmm. If I'm leveling cannons, does that ram help me level personally, or is all the benefit going to the capt of the ship?

Well that was all clear as mud. Sorry.
LOL, your ram, (and/or sea chart or globe) will only ever work for you and you alone and never benefit the ship as a whole, except where it benefits you, as your cannon shot will be more powerful, in the case of ram usage, resulting in a general, indirect benefit to those on the same ship, because you will theoretically sink ships faster, which is generally a beneficial outcome.
Now it must be noted that I tried to make that last sentence as long and descriptive as possible, while still maintaining some semblance of correct grammar, in an effort to elucidate the concept without obfuscation, all the while trying to create a certain, unnecessary level of confusion ...
You're Welcome!

LOL, your ram, (and/or sea chart or globe) will only ever work for you and you alone and never benefit the ship as a whole, except where it benefits you, as your cannon shot will be more powerful, in the case of ram usage, resulting in a general, indirect benefit to those on the same ship, because you will theoretically sink ships faster, which is generally a beneficial outcome.
Now it must be noted that I tried to make that last sentence as long and descriptive as possible, while still maintaining some semblance of correct grammar, in an effort to elucidate the concept without obfuscation, all the while trying to create a certain, unnecessary level of confusion ...
You're Welcome!
Jeez. Why don't I just tie one leg and arm behind my back while you throw tavern darts at me with only a butter knife for defense.

You're addressing an old pirate who drinks rum while steering his ship and has fallen one too many times off the bridge on his head.

So basically a good ram is a great thing to level cannon.

And oh, thank you btw.

Last edited:
But alas, this thread is about sea charts and globes, and sadly, they are not yet active.
The chart should give me 2 more points in overall speed (a 40% increase, based on math...) and a 3 point boost (60%, as far as math flies) in turning radius, as well as faster recharge of full sail and ramming speed.
But it isn't working yet.
However, we have safely and successfully concluded that rams do indeed work in the game now, for captains and gunners.

So i equipped my sea globe and did some timing tests.

With the sea globe equipped my full sail recharged in 1 minute

Without the sea globe my full sail recharged in 1 minute 30 seconds.

It didn't give me the points in windcatcher and tacking but the reduced cooldowns on some sailing skills are definitely working

Back