Server Stability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deqree

Swashbuckler
You guys should open a donation box or something where people donate to improve server stability and quality because i'm kind of tired of all these Abassa crashes and i'm positive people would donate $10+ just to help keep the servers stable. I personally would donate $40-$80 to help improve stability

-Deqree/ Cortez

Could you explain how money improves server stability? I'm not aware of any correlation between the two. There IS a relationship with server capacity, but stability per se I don't see.
You can pay for upgraded servers with more RAM or Bandwidth or whatever

I only go on abassa when it's at it quietist and when it hits over 110 I move to another server to avoid lag. That's the beauty of having multiple servers.
Personally I don't understand why everyone overloads abassa. I know it has always been a popular server but it offers no more as a server than any other.
As we are still in beta this is another thing that is being worked on and I'm confident it will get more stable but for the meantime it will get laggy when 80% of players are on there at once.

Most of the issues are more likely due to issues with the code, or bugs that haven't been found yet. I don't think increase the power of the servers is going to do much.
I mean when im playing on Abassa and theres a bunch of hunters and ship of the lines around and theres a bunch of players in one spot the server crashes. I think this would be fixed with more powerful servers

You'll be happy to know we already did this very thing. And without having to ask the community for a dime still!!!
Thats great! I hope this was within the past 10 minutes because i've experienced five server crashes today

I only go on abassa when it's at it quietist and when it hits over 110 I move to another server to avoid lag. That's the beauty of having multiple servers.
Personally I don't understand why everyone overloads abassa. I know it has always been a popular server but it offers no more as a server than any other.
As we are still in beta this is another thing that is being worked on and I'm confident it will get more stable but for the meantime it will get laggy when 80% of players are on there at once.

There's a couple things it's good for. Basically parties (the docks of Tortuga/Port Royal are crowded) and fleet sailing (people sail on Abassa to get crew). There's also boss grinding, such as Darkhart.

Other than those two things, I totally agree with you. Going on Abassa for any other reason is basically giving yourself lag problems for no reason.

I think each server should have an official "Activity". One could be fleet sailing, another for boss hunting, another for fishing. Tormenta grinding, questing, etc. Abassa would be socialization (as in hanging out on the docks). These would only be suggestions, but it would give people a certain server to go to for certain things that would help them find people to play with.

Well, so much for a civil convo on the topic. Thanks for your input.

Top tier response. But yeah, his sarcasm was uncalled for. You guys are great, keep doin' what you're doing.

Deanaug, you all just keep rolling. I really hope you all know how much the majority of the players appreciate you and the team. We definitely want to encourage and support you in any way we can and that IS NOT always about money. I understand the legal ramifications. Sadly we live in a society where a lot of people think throwing money at a situation will lead to instant gratification... Anything worthwhile takes time, patience and dedication... And you and the team have that to an astonishing degree. My biggest fear is that taking 'broad side after broad side' of negativity from some in the community will lead to burn out for our awesome team. Cheysa had me really worried a few days ago when she was wanting to leave and the reasons that she spoke of were VALID! I'll be a cheer leader (well a manly piratey kind of cheer leader) all day long for you all and what you do... out of passion and for free! ... for the game and the community every day... No one is twisting your arms... You do NOT have to do this... And a lot of us understand that... So... Thank you Brothers and Sisters - fist bumps - I appreciate you all. If you ever get down or discouraged from some things people say... you just private message me... I'll remind you just how appreciated and amazing you are... And what an honor it is to enjoy a game where so many are working so hard to polish it up and make it something far more epic than it ever was... <3 Two armored thumbs up for all of you!

Two armored thumbs up!.jpg

Deanaug, you all just keep rolling. I really hope you all know how much the majority of the players appreciate you and the team. We definitely want to encourage and support you in any way we can and that IS NOT always about money. I understand the legal ramifications. Sadly we live in a society where a lot of people think throwing money at a situation will lead to instant gratification... Anything worthwhile takes time, patience and dedication... And you and the team have that to an astonishing degree. My biggest fear is that taking 'broad side after broad side' of negativity from some in the community will lead to burn out for our awesome team. Cheysa had me really worried a few days ago when she was wanting to leave and the reasons that she spoke of were VALID! I'll be a cheer leader (well a manly piratey kind of cheer leader) all day long for you all and what you do... out of passion and for free! ... for the game and the community every day... No one is twisting your arms... You do NOT have to do this... And a lot of us understand that... So... Thank you Brothers and Sisters - fist bumps - I appreciate you all. If you ever get down or discouraged from some things people say... you just private message me... I'll remind you just how appreciated and amazing you are... And what an honor it is to enjoy a game where so many are working so hard to polish it up and make it something far more epic than it ever was... <3 Two armored thumbs up for all of you!

View attachment 89221
It's not any negativity but more funding for a project would obviously mean better progress

It's not any negativity but more funding for a project would obviously mean better progress

With all due respect... Responding to a TLOPO staff member who is trying to explain their circumstances with. And I quote...

"Thats great! I hope this was within the past 10 minutes because i've experienced five server crashes today"

Is not helpful nor called for ... It is sarcastic, dismissive, insulting and unproductive. I believe in all honesty that you mean well by offering the suggestion of donations, but the TLOPO team has made it clear time and time again that there are a number of reasons why they are not pursuing the complications that come with that option.

I'm sorry, but money has everything to do with it.
Deqree, send me as much money as you can possibly spare, and I promise it will all be better in no time!

I'm sorry, but money has everything to do with it.
Deqree, send me as much money as you can possibly spare, and I promise it will all be better in no time!
It would be a bit more logical for you to make those arguments if you actually knew our server setup and what our expenses are - which you do not. We have had the same server setup since the beginning of Beta. There have been periods of stability and instability (such as right now). We've worked through them all. Please have some patience and perhaps reconsider your stance - the thought that throwing money at a problem may not always be the end-all be-all solution.

You guys should open a donation box or something where people donate to improve server stability and quality because i'm kind of tired of all these Abassa crashes and i'm positive people would donate $10+ just to help keep the servers stable. I personally would donate $40-$80 to help improve stability

-Deqree/ Cortez
As has been discussed the developers WILL NOT take money from the community. This simply takes time.

Patience...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back