Server update

Robert Darkrage

Notorious Pirate
Does anyone have an estimated time for this?
As we moving forward, aside from emergency updates I think announced maintenance, updates would be welcomed by many.

Last edited:
Not every Update Time Is set In Stone , If Issues arise they'll fix them before opening the game back up
Actually unless there is a server crash, an update it's a process which involves work on the update so you know ahead of time.
Communication is the key.
On the other hand a test server would help with the process.
Just my 50 cents.

The devs themselves don't know exactly when the game will be down, They usually give a 15 minute announcement to alert that the game is going down for a update, With the new queueing system it'll be less of a hassle for when those updates occur.

The only complaint I have is how much of a warning is given to those who are in the game. I remember one time we were given a one minute warning. Our ship was about a quarter full with materials, around Padres and the open port was Cuba or Raven's Cove.

A one minute warning, while better than nothing, is still awful.

Yes ! Seems the Update Warnings are Very Inconsistent ! Would be Nice If standard was 15 Minute ! Give ya time to port and clean house !

15 is more than enough. It would be nice to spend the last few minutes of the session just fishing or playing parlor games while parlering with your mates.

Does anyone have an estimated time for this?
As we moving forward, aside from emergency updates I think announced maintenance, updates would be welcomed by many.
With this new update, there actually was a different reason for the server going down so unexpectedly. Coincidentally, right before we were about to begin deploying Queues, our database experienced a problem and restarted - which restarted all of our servers. We noticed this and figured "hey, everyone is offline anyway, let's just keep it down and deploy the update now. No sense in having everyone log back in only to get kicked off."

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Doesn't it give you 15, 10, five, then one minute warnings? it shouldn't have gone straight to a one minute warning unless you weren't paying attention lolz.

With this new update, there actually was a different reason for the server going down so unexpectedly. Coincidentally, right before we were about to begin deploying Queues, our database experienced a problem and restarted - which restarted all of our servers. We noticed this and figured "hey, everyone is offline anyway, let's just keep it down and deploy the update now. No sense in having everyone log back in only to get kicked off."

"Hey, the servers crashed and we're ready to deploy the update so why not just deploy it now"

I can get behind this.

Doesn't it give you 15, 10, five, then one minute warnings? it shouldn't have gone straight to a one minute warning unless you weren't paying attention lolz.

When I got that message I went through the chat log and there were no prior warnings.

I think you are a mind reader sir, I was just wondering about this.
I agree.
No need to apologize. Thank you for the feedback!

Back