Suggestion Server-wide or Island-wide chat channel possibility?

Should TLoPO add another chat channel?

• Yes, both server-wide and island-wide

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Yes, but only server-wide

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Yes, but only island-wide

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

tlonge

Honorable Pirate
This has probably been suggested before, I thought I'd resurrect it though. I think it'd be very helpful to have a chat channel for the particular server you are on, or if not the whole server, the particular island maybe?

I'm thinking mostly in terms of SvS, but also for something like Kingshead, where I have no idea if someone is there already and if they'd mind letting me port to them and avoid the dreaded "swimming-through-land" bug because I have no indication of how many people are in the area, if at all (I guess one might argue to use the compass, but that's iffy on accuracy sometimes).

Seeing as there is already a "local" chat, would it be so hard to make a "regional" or "island" one? I know this would mean yet another chat channel to "police" so-to-speak, but it would certainly help, in my opinion, with organizing a crew when guildmates aren't online.

Thoughts? Comments? "Devil's advocates?" ;)

Cheers!

I like the idea but chat would move so quickly you wouldn't be able to read it if you're on a main island. Maybe if you were on an 'island' it would be neat? :eek:

I like the idea but chat would move so quickly you wouldn't be able to read it if you're on a main island. Maybe if you were on an 'island' it would be neat? :eek:
Very true - thanks for the response! Perhaps some way to assign the server chat to a different channel tab? (i.e. server chat only, one reserved for guild chat only etc.). In that case I could see why island chat might be better than serverwide, but if you are having trouble landing at an island altogether (like I was with Kingshead earlier) then server wide chat I think would be more useful. Just my two cents though ;)

Interesting idea! At first I thought that a chat that includes every server message would be nuts, but going to a server chat tab would be cool, if you were also inviting a friend to go online with you, but couldn't somehow port to them for whatever reason.

Interesting idea! At first I thought that a chat that includes every server message would be nuts, but going to a server chat tab would be cool, if you were also inviting a friend to go online with you, but couldn't somehow port to them for whatever reason.
The way I was thinking was that the "server" chat would change altogether based on what server you were on, and wouldn't necessarily be every server all at once. If you were on Abassa, you'd only see the Abassa server-wide chat. If you switched to Andaba you'd see the Andaba server chat instead.
I feel that a server wide chat would be beneficial largely because at this point in time, you are left depending on your guildmates (or random acquaintances you run into) to form crews, and this would facilitate the creation of more crews for land-based content (i.e. Kingshead, Padres etc.) when guildmates aren't online or aren't at your level.

Thanks for the response :)

The way I was thinking was that the "server" chat would change altogether based on what server you were on, and wouldn't necessarily be every server all at once. If you were on Abassa, you'd only see the Abassa server-wide chat. If you switched to Andaba you'd see the Andaba server chat instead.
I feel that a server wide chat would be beneficial largely because at this point in time, you are left depending on your guildmates (or random acquaintances you run into) to form crews, and this would facilitate the creation of more crews for land-based content (i.e. Kingshead, Padres etc.) when guildmates aren't online or aren't at your level.

Thanks for the response :)

Oh I see what you mean! That would definitely be nice, especially if for whatever reason, the server is not packed with people like you're saying. During the beginning when you do quests you're going to so many places in such a short amount of time that it would be beneficial to have this, I can imagine someone asking me where I went especially if there was a bit of lag haha.

Back