Shadow Cutlass - Will it be redeemable?

T

TheGleamings

As some of you may know, there is a weapon that is soon to come out in to the Caribbean - the famed Shadow Cutlass. This cutlass seems to be an upgrade of the Spectral cutlass, but nobody can yet wield it. The weapon itself has only been seen on the youtube video 'Pirates Online - Get Connected' and can be seen around 1:35. But after the release of the code for the Heart of Padres Del Fuego, do you think this will be a redeemable code? I personally don't think so, but I'd love to hear your views.​
Shadow_cutlass_card_remake.png

Considering that video was uploaded back in 2010, not sure how you might think it is 'soon to come out in the Caribbean'. There was hinting that there was going to be something new, and everyone got their hopes up that there was going to be new content added to the game. Unfortunately it was an April Fool's joke on us, as here it is April 7th, and all we got was a code.

Don't get me wrong...

I want new content...
I want new quests...
I want new weapons...

I just hate getting my hopes dashed.

No, the sword was released as the "Spectral Cutlass" instead of the "Shadow Cutlass"
SpectralCutlass.png

It can still be redeemed with the code "Spectral"

Don't get me wrong...

I want new content...
I want new quests...
I want new weapons...

I just hate getting my hopes dashed.
:iagree: < Should be a sad face though.

No, the sword was released as the "Spectral Cutlass" instead of the "Shadow Cutlass"
SpectralCutlass.png

It can still be redeemed with the code "Spectral"

:iagree: < Should be a sad face though.

I am still iffy on the release of Shadow Cutlass. Just because they released Spectral (Rare Cutlass) does not mean they will not release Shadow at some point. There are families of cutlasses and weapons, such as Privateer's Cutlass and Corsair's Cutlass are the slightly weaker version of Seven Seas Cutlass. I do believe IF shadow cutlass is to be released, it won't and shouldn't be a code. There is still a chance Shadow Cutlass COULD be released. Disney is full of surprises when they want to be. They SHOCKED everyone by telling there was a new legendary cutlass coming (Heart of Padres Del Fuego). Then they also shocked the community when we found out the Game Masters of the Marceline guild were giving out a code. Then I think the big shocker was an attack 90 cutlass with so many additional skills.

Therefore my point is just because Spectral is released does not 100% guarantee that we will not see a Shadow Cutlass in the future. You never know, like I said, Disney is full of surprises when they want to be.

I would love it if they would release a new sword, or maybe ever a couple. Will they? Its doubtful; But if they do I really hope they make it lootable, not just another code.

I think the hype they built around Padres led up to the HOP legendary we were given a code for, and that we'll have to loot for anything new. Whatever it is, at least they've added something which is a good sign.:star:

Back