Glitch Ship Broadsides Counter Not Working

C

Crashalot

Ever since the latest update I notice my broadsides on my War Brig Storm Chaser 6 are not doing expected damage all the time. It seems even the lamest of ships can sometimes escape the full damage the broadsides should be dealing. Even with my Iron Priming Ram, which gives a boost for thunderbolts, my ship can't even sink a Marauder or Colossus, when the roundshot from my regular war brig cargo ship can easily sink either one of those, and it has no specialty ammo whatsoever. My thunderbolt shot is maxed, as well as every relevant skill point to maximize damage with the same.
What I have noticed is sometimes the damage doesn't even register for the thunderbolts, only the roundshots. It seems there's some sort of lag or glitch with the damage counter for the specialty ammo, as the game actually "freezes" for a moment when the broadsides make impact on an enemy ship, and the damage is not anywhere near where it should be when that happens.
Is this an issue with damage counters or have the broadsides been nerfed perhaps?
Here's a few screens of some easily sinkable one-shot ships, managing to survive a full broadside fusillade and not sink.
LOL@ the Marauder, still afloat, albeit barely. And that Colossus took damage to both sides from a full blast and was still very much above water.
There is no regular ship in the game that a Storm Chaser War Brig level 6 cannot one-shot easily to the briny deep. So for this to be happening, either the damage counters are glitched, or something has changed in-game.
Please advise.

screenshot_2018-08-17_01-34-54.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-17_01-35-15.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-17_01-38-01.jpg

LOL, this is just so bad. Sad, lol.
I'm guessing this must be a nerf thing to make the game more challenging.

screenshot_2018-08-18_22-32-55.jpg

OK, so I figured this one out.
I had to saddle up to a couple of Warships that had been untouched and count how many broadsides it takes to sink a Tally Ho and a Battle Royale.
This is done by triggering them to come out and play, on a slow server, then porting and relaunching again. Then you cozy up to the sleepy Warship and blast away, without repercussions.

Well anyway, it used to take 6 or 7 broadsides from a level 6 storm chaser war brig to sink either warship.
Now it takes 9 or 10 broadsides to sink the same ship.

So yes, the damage has been nerfed, probably to compensate for the addition of the rams, effectively making them, well, not so effective.

Back