Suggestion Ship Flags

Custom flags for ships?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is by no means a priority suggestion, nor should it become one. Just something I'd like to see.

Ship customization is a big part of the sailing world in this game. Having a unique ship, with unique design.

If we look at pirates in the past, they all flew their own flags, on the mast. Usually these flags had some personal meaning to them, or would simply be used to strike fear into sailors.

I think it would be cool to be able to fly my own colors, my own flag, with some custom logo or design. Something that sets me apart from other pirates. I can already do that with sail color, and some preset emblems, but having my own flag adds more flair to it.

What do you guys think?

To my knowledge, you'd be referring to the Jolly Roger, the infamy marking of a pirate to differentiate his or her allegiance, if not to his or herself, for instance:
d69827cc9733e55fcb69f6cafdb2327e.gif

If this is what you're referring to, I'd love to see something like this added, but maybe it could be added as something to further emphasize the infamy system in the game, possibly having an option in the menus labelled Death Mark, and it could be customized as such.

I think this would be interesting as well, because there could very well be a new thread started for Death Mark flag customizations for players who want to put in their own symbols or variations, and could even be made into a contest of sorts *hint hint* to further entice players.

Just my two cents, great suggestion!​

To my knowledge, you'd be referring to the Jolly Roger, the infamy marking of a pirate to differentiate his or her allegiance, if not to his or herself, for instance:
d69827cc9733e55fcb69f6cafdb2327e.gif

If this is what you're referring to, I'd love to see something like this added, but maybe it could be added as something to further emphasize the infamy system in the game, possibly having an option in the menus labelled Death Mark, and it could be customized as such.

I think this would be interesting as well, because there could very well be a new thread started for Death Mark flag customizations for players who want to put in their own symbols or variations, and could even be made into a contest of sorts *hint hint* to further entice players.

Just my two cents, great suggestion!​
Exactly like that.

This would be cool. You’d need some sort of moderation system in place to ensure nobody is making suggestive/inappropriate designs though, which I’m not sure how that would work. A compromise could be where TLOPO asks for emblem suggestions similar to clothing/tattoo designs in the past.

Back