Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Nope! D:

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • RAWWWRRRRR :D

Votes: 33 42.9%

• Total voters

Constance O'hara

Pirate Lord
I've been hearing rumors that the SOTL will be released August 2nd. Anyone else believe this? Vote yes or no! Or 'RAWWWRRRRR' (idk....) Heard it from a live support person, but idk if they know for sure.
zzzzzzsotllllelee.jpg
O_O....

On Test or live? If you mean Live then "No" there isn't enough time for proper testing. (About 2 weeks). If Test "Maybe" the 2nd is on a Tuesday which is one of their most updated days, next being Thursday.

I doubt your source. "Live Chat" is not a Pirates Online employee. They have 1 or 2 people that handle the Tech Support for both ToonTown and Pirates Online. So Tech Support isn't a reliable source of information regarding future updates since they probably know as much as you do. So I have to say "RAWWWRRRRR!"

The reason they think its coming on August 2, was because of the Test server video I made last year, which came out August 2. So most people think that, a year after the video came out, the ships would come out.

I was on the subject of the glitches on SOTLs then I asked if there was any release date and he said 'around' the 2nd. I've been lied to b4 on live support.
Live chat have cards and they go by cards.. They don't know anything about the main content or developer side of the game... They probably don't even play the game.. I highly doubt alothough I know not for sure that they are even in the same building as the developers.

Live chat have cards and they go by cards.. They don't know anything about the main content or developer side of the game... They probably don't even play the game.. I highly doubt alothough I know not for sure that they are even in the same building as the developers.
They are in the same building I'm pretty sure.. All employees. I never said the date was true- I highly doubt it is true. If it is, which, yet again, is extremely doubtful, it will take longer to get from test to live game anyways.

They are in the same building I'm pretty sure.. All employees. I never said the date was true- I highly doubt it is true. If it is, which, yet again, is extremely doubtful, it will take longer to get from test to live game anyways.
Just saying... Tellers for the Sears company are not in Sears headquaters... they're in little teller buildings... They're not sitting a room next to the advertisement staff of the Sears Company... or any company Sears was just what came to mind..

On test or live?

I highly doubt they'll release it on live before it goes on the test servers.

But then again, there is a possibility after a year or a little extra that they can put it into test server.
I still doubt it but whatever floats your boat.

I wouldn't hold my breath for it. I agree with John, if we have a powerful ship, our enemies have to be more powerful or at least equally powerful than us. If some of us could already beat the bounty hunters now using only war frigates, SOTLs would have been too powerful for even the bounty hunters. It's no fun. They have to make the enemies more powerful at the same time they release SOTL for pirates. I could imagine tons of SOTL floating around in the Caribbean and not enough mighty enemy ships ... almost impossible sight ...

What I'm thinking they should do - if they release the SOTL in the first place - is add in SOTL Navy/EITC NPCs floating around Padres like the regular ships do. They should have like... 150,000 health (pirate SOTL has 20,000) and shoot explosive broadsides. The AI and health of other high level NPCs should increase, and their firing rate. Bountyhunters should become stronger, and they need to add in first-rate SOTLs. These are over 100-gun ships with massive broadsides, many per side. NPC only. No pirate ships for first-rates. This would balance out the game a bit more... And add in difficulty for regular warships. Now... Privateering... That is a different story.

Back