Ships Not Visible From Shore - Important?

SEEING SHIPS FROM SHORE

• Total voters

Solomon Helmfitte

Notorious Pirate
All other things aside in the new launch (bugs which can be worked out) it seems we can no longer see ships sailing by or anchored when we are on the Islands. For me that was one of the "best" additions to the last Beta version it added an extra dimension of "realism" that was priceless to me.

I'm hoping this is something that can be returned and not just part of the 2011 launcher version, I personally would just about go back to the 2011 version if that's what it took to return this feature and then just carry on chipping away at all the other stuff over the coming years.

Probably few others feel so strongly about this but it brought pure joy to me grinding scorpions or crabs and watching the ships sail by, sinking one another, or seeing my ship moored in the bay with the rain and thunder.

So out of interest did you like being able to see your ship in the harbour and others sailing by or having battles in front of you? :daggermouth:
:pirate ship:

It's not a priority, but if it can be done without breaking server stability, it does a huge amount to hide the seams, and make the game feel like it could have hidden caves and beaches anywhere. We know it's ultimately a series of restricted levels surrounded by glass walls and connected by smoke and mirrors, but things like visible sea battles help us forget that while we're in the world.

This might be related to the problems ship rendering and loading on the seas currently have. It seems that ships only render in the current cell you are in and will immediately disappear upon leaving the cell they were in. Maybe once they iron out those issues this issue could be taken care of as well.

This would definitely be awesome! I would love to have it, but only if it was stable and not possibly going to make some people crash due to an epic 4-1 battle at sea haha.

Back