Sink The Most Ghost Ships (09/27/12)

If yer feelin' a bit of chill in the Caribbean air, you know full well that the undead's favorite month lurks just around the corner. Jolly Roger and his dark forces will soon grow in strength, number, and power so let’s cut them to the quick, savvy?

From this Friday, September 28 through the end of Sunday, September 30, we call all Pirates to take to the seas and send as many of those ghostly skeleton ships to a watery grave!

We’ll award the top 50 Pirates who sink the most undead ships over the entire three-day challenge:

• All 50 winners will each receive 13,013 gold coins.
  • The top 10 winners who blast the most skeleton ships from the water will also receive 2 weeks of complimentary Unlimited Access!
NOTE: Prizes will be awarded through e-mail. Make sure your e-mail address is current on the Pirate’s account you’re competing with by clicking here!

Undead French and Spanish skeleton ships count towards yer winning numbers too, mates, as well as the regular ghastly variety of ghost ships of course.

What: Sink The Most Ghost Ships
When: Friday, September 28 thru Sunday, September 30
Where: On the high seas wherever ghostly ships are sighted

120926-ghost-ships.jpg

:facepalm: Really? More membership give aways when you dont even have money to make new content, This is getting a bit annoying its been like 5 months and no new updates just useless Events that no one really cares about.

Except for the initial post, I DISAPPROVE of ALL the other posts.

I approve of Disney giving us pirates contests. For a long while there, Disney was not giving us anything. They use to give us contests and events with GM's. Sorry to say those days seem to be gone. They were always fun. I for one am glad to see them back.

Except for the initial post, I DISAPPROVE of ALL the other posts.

I approve of Disney giving us pirates contests. For a long while there, Disney was not giving us anything. They use to give us contests and events with GM's. Sorry to say those days seem to be gone. They were always fun. I for one am glad to see them back.
It comes down to this... Do you see yourself 5 or 6 months from now still paying and playing if nothing was added? If you do than you are one of a kind but I would find it hard to believe. I agree there is nothing wrong with contests. They are fun... But it's not what I signed up for initially. Contest in any game are supposed to be an extra to keep the gaming experience running smooth and to give players something to do other than the regular stuff that exists or should be added to the game. This is no longer the case in POTCO. Were getting contests because there is nothing else to do.

I approve all other posts because they are true. They all have a valid point. What is going on with the game right now is inexcusable. What DIMG is doing with POTCO is adding excuses for players to keep going as if they were little kids who don't understand whats going on. Hopefully, this will change within this year and hopefully starting next year, the game will change to be the game we all know it can be.

:iagree: with what Leo said, except:

I approve all other posts because they are true.

POTCO should be a lively game; full of energy, activities, updates, events and all. It has that potential. I don't blame players who expect a lot of events and contests, and I don't blame players who expect new contents and decent events. It's just the "reason" behind so many contests that are all wrong - no secret about that, not "how many events" that are ongoing right now. Because we all pretty much know why we are given so many contests, and these contests don't sit well with a lot of us. Had Potco given us a lot of contests AND contents, I'd bet all of us would be happy(er). Just because they couldn't give us the new contents/substantial updates, giving us contests seems like "bribing us".

Almost like this analogy:

Potco: "No, we are not giving you cheeseburger ... but you could have popcorn, chips and salsa, pickles ..."
Us/Players: "No, we already have enough snacks, we want real food!"

Having snacks are good, but tons of snacks can't be good. Snacks won't replace real food; we need real food too (along with some snacks). Now THAT's ... a real party!

JadeOHayes how did what you said disagree with the statement you quoted me on? Just curious because i couldn't find the connection ... Lol.
By all other posts i meant the post that John posted, Destroyer posted, Constance posted, etc. And that statement was supposed to be connected to the sentences following it.

JadeOHayes how did what you said disagree with the statement you quoted me on? Just curious because i couldn't find the connection ... Lol.
By all other posts i meant the post that John posted, Destroyer posted, Constance posted, etc. And that statement was supposed to be connected to the sentences following it.

Yes, I agree with what you said, Leo. But I don't agree with ppl who said that they disapproved the contests ... :D
It's possible to stand in the middle, ya know ... ;)

I mean, I don't have any problem with so many contests either.

It comes down to this... Do you see yourself 5 or 6 months from now still paying and playing if nothing was added?

Simply put, YES. As long as there is water in these oceans, I will sail them. And I know others that feel the same way. That is all I have to say on this post. The end.

Yes, I agree with what you said, Leo. But I don't agree with ppl who said that they disapproved the contests ... :D
It's possible to stand in the middle, ya know ... ;)

I mean, I don't have any problem with so many contests either.
Oh now I understand... I did say thought that
I agree there is nothing wrong with contests. They are fun...
Hehe

I kind of meant I approve the reasons why the players disapprove the contests...

Back