Skull/Darkfire codes (Bug?)

Just noticed with the darkfire and skull codes you can repeatedly get both items even though such codes are typically used only once.

Is this a bug or is it intentional?

@Bad @Cheysa Finn
In short, yes, it was intentional.

There was a bug in the code that marked any code you redeemed as used, regardless if it was valid or not. So if you tried redeeming "darkfire" before the update, the game saw it as used. Then when the update was deployed, you'd have no chance if redeeming it for real.

To temporarily get around the bug, the dev team made the codes redeemable multiple times.

In short, yes, it was intentional.

There was a bug in the code that marked any code you redeemed as used, regardless if it was valid or not. So if you tried redeeming "darkfire" before the update, the game saw it as used. Then when the update was deployed, you'd have no chance if redeeming it for real.

To temporarily get around the bug, the dev team made the codes redeemable multiple times.

So is it fine if players use the codes to get gold this way? Or will that be ban worthy?

So is it fine if players use the codes to get gold this way? Or will that be ban worthy?
It isn't ban worthy, I don't think (I may be wrong). However, it is exploiting a workaround that we added to be kind to those that would be adversely affected by the bug. We discourage such behavior as much as possible.

Personally, I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend hours punching in codes just to get some extra gold. I'd prefer to actually have fun when I'm online.

I did this accidentally, but I don't see there being a serious potential for folks to keep harvesting and selling this sword, as it would take too long and not accomplish much, but of course, I could be wrong...
Enjoy!

I did this accidentally, but I don't see there being a serious potential for folks to keep harvesting and selling this sword, as it would take too long and not accomplish much, but of course, I could be wrong...
Enjoy!

Yeah i did it by accident too :(

But really not worth it plus it's rather pointless since it would take so long imo

OK, I can't find the steps to enter the code. Can someone tell me where to find it or simply how to enter the codes?

Type "/code darkfire" and "/code skull" in local chat, or open your inventory and click "redeem code".

Just like it was in POTCO.
Thank you very much. I am so glad I re-found this game. I spent a lot of hours with it the first time around and was very sad when it went away. Thanks for all you are doing to bring it back alive. You Rock!

Back